DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/)
-   -   Sanyo HD1 footage! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/58228-sanyo-hd1-footage.html)

Jung Kyu January 13th, 2006 04:03 PM

Sanyo HD1 footage!

SANYO HD1 footage

..i see little artifact but MUCH better than HVX..the color looks very rich..like film~ sounds too good for $799

http://citv.dip.jp/hd06/sanyo-hd1.wmv

Steev Dinkins January 13th, 2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jung Kyu
SANYO HD1 footage
..i see little artifact but MUCH better than HVX

Heh heh.. You're cruisin' for a bruisin' with that comment.

Quote:

..the color looks very rich..like film~ sounds too good for $799

I think it might be fun to pick one up as a cheap ass 2nd camera unit. The thing is obviously a toy compared to the HVX200, but I think it's pretty nice looking for a cheapy.

Stephen L. Noe January 13th, 2006 04:26 PM

Lovely and beautiful children. Thank you for sharing the footage.

The color is nice and saturated. Isn't it a great time in video? You can capture a very realistic and detailed image of your loved ones and place it on DVD to share with future generations very easily. Honestly it's the reason I got into video to begin with many years ago.

All the best and keep shooting,

Kevin Shaw January 13th, 2006 04:38 PM

Quote:

..i see little artifact but MUCH better than HVX...

Did you mean to say better than HDV?

Not bad footage coming from such a small, inexpensive camera.

Jeff Kilgroe January 13th, 2006 05:11 PM

Heh.

Not bad for that little camera. Lots of aliasing on high contrast edges - look at the black/white on the boy's hat. Some other weird things going on with the color too, but resolution is excellent. There tends to be a lot of noise in the out of focus areas too.

MSRP is $799 and I bet street/mail-order price will be under $680. Would make a decent toy and probably better video quality than a cheap DV camcorder.

Dan Euritt January 13th, 2006 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
Lots of aliasing on high contrast edges - look at the black/white on the boy's hat. Some other weird things going on with the color too, but resolution is excellent. There tends to be a lot of noise in the out of focus areas too.

it appears to have been re-compressed into the windows media format; it's not the actual source footage from the camera.

Steven Thomas January 13th, 2006 10:54 PM

You know what, it's not bad for $800.
I don't think it has any competition at $800

Actually I did not think it would look that good.

Enjoy

Kaku Ito January 13th, 2006 11:47 PM

I would want this kind of cameras to do good onbaord for xtreme sports events. Always been looking in since the large cameras and wireless connection is pain to do anything for onboard shooting. For SD, Samsung has one, Panasonic has this . Especially, check the SDR-300 with special rigid chassis.

I checked the old Sanyo time to time and the new Panasonic out at camera shops in Shibuya, Panasonic felt really nice.

What I noticed on this Sanyo is that they use the organic electric light (not sure if the words are correct) which is 5000 times faster response time than normal LCD which probably don't have any problems playing back interlaced video. I would not give up on HVX200 against this, but something like this is a perfect companion around when you are shooting with HVX, then do some staff shots and some documentary around the shooting.

Kaku Ito January 13th, 2006 11:51 PM

and by the way, the person in charge with video cameras at Sanyo is very good friend of Apple, I hear he directly associates with Steve Jobs, so no exception to this, DMX-HD1 implements QuickTime 7 which is really hot for Mac users.

Ron Evans January 14th, 2006 11:42 AM

My player will not play this file, Media Player says not support file type.

Ron Evans

Lynne Whelden January 14th, 2006 04:59 PM

Hey, Chris...

How about giving this camera its own category? There's a lot of us who would use this camera as our PRIMARY one for the extreme sports we're involved in. (In my case, I shoot backpacking videos and always need the lightest tool available.) Instead of dissing it as a toy or as falling beneath some unstated spec that nobody can define, let's give it all the support we can muster. If High Def is to get off the ground, it's got to penetrate the masses. This is the sort of camera that's going to do that.
I've always said that the best shots remain untaken. Why is that? Because we never have the camera handy when that perfect shot occurs. This camera comes closer to the "perfect" camera because we might actually be able to carry it on our person. Plus we could shoot even less obtrusively than the next smallest by Sony.
If Sanyo senses that the video community is interested in what they're doing, they'll come back with even better gear next time around. How about it?

Bill Southworth January 14th, 2006 06:21 PM

small cameras

I have a tiny JVC GZ-MC500 that I carry with me everywhere. I just never know when a jetliner will land in the middle of the highway ahead of me, or a tornado will strike downtown Boston. Actually, it does pretty decent 16x9 and records for over an hour on a 6GB microdrive. My only real complaints are noise in low light, lens susceptability to glare, and NO external mike inputs. Nevertheless, it has come in very handy for two camera music shoots. I put the XL2 on a tripod and wander with the MC-500. With good light the quality is almost identical. One trick I use is to stick the MC-500 on the end of a mike boom and I can hold the half pound camera 10' in the air over the subject.

When my HVX-200 finally arrives and the XL2 is retired or sold, I suspect that I'll still be using the MC-500. There's a lot to be said for very small cameras.

Graham Mullis January 14th, 2006 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans
My player will not play this file, Media Player says not support file type.

Ron Evans

Same here.

Les Dit January 14th, 2006 09:41 PM

I'm impressed by that test footage.
I wonder what *this* little cam does with the ol res chart ... he he he ;)

Are these in stores yet. I want one, for the 'always have the cam' reasons.

Interesting times, when a 8oz camera has more image detail than the top grade 3 chip DV cameras still on the market. I'm all for the underdog.

-Les

Hse Kha January 15th, 2006 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynne Whelden
How about giving this camera its own category? There's a lot of us who would use this camera as our PRIMARY one for the extreme sports we're involved in. (In my case, I shoot backpacking videos and always need the lightest tool available.) Instead of dissing it as a toy or as falling beneath some unstated spec that nobody can define, let's give it all the support we can muster. If High Def is to get off the ground, it's got to penetrate the masses. This is the sort of camera that's going to do that.
I've always said that the best shots remain untaken. Why is that? Because we never have the camera handy when that perfect shot occurs. This camera comes closer to the "perfect" camera because we might actually be able to carry it on our person. Plus we could shoot even less obtrusively than the next smallest by Sony.
If Sanyo senses that the video community is interested in what they're doing, they'll come back with even better gear next time around. How about it?

I posted this thread a while ago:-

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=57556

The response was that this camcorder was not "worthy" of it's own section...