Tweaks and options - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old March 22nd, 2006, 08:27 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Can't say that I have noticed any difference in sensitivity with the wide angle. The "fun" of the very wide shots sort of claims your attention.

I haven't noticed any zoom noise, but then I rarely zoom during a shot.
Old April 17th, 2006, 11:47 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I am very pleased with the slave flash by Sony, HVL-FSL1B. It synchs well with internal flash, not being fooled by the pre-flash. They claim it will work with red-eye flash with their cameras, but I have not been able to do that with the HD1 (never use it anyway). It apparently works on the intensity of the reflected light, rather than delay circuitry. This is different from any slave I have used; the sensor doesn't have to see the camera flash -- it has to see the reflected light from the subject.

Exposure is not automatic, but the lowest of three power settings seems to match nicely with the HD1 as a side light. At full power, it would do much to help the weak HD1 flash.

The unit is tiny, ergonomicly designed to hold in the left hand, and comes with a tripod socket bracket. I bought mine from Amazon for $80. It uses CR 123A batteries; they claim 400 shots.
Old May 8th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #18
New Boot

Does anyone else find the built in microphone unacceptable? It mostly pics up the camera operator's voice. Everything else comes in way to soft. When ever I show videos I have to crank the volume way up and hope I hadn't spoken behind the camera during that clip.

I was wondering if this external mic would be any good: http://cgi.ebay.com/Nickel-Angled-Mi...QQcmdZViewItem

and if it will fit the mic port natively without an extra adaptor. The HD1s manual never states what size port it has and I'm not really up on that sort of thing. Thanks!
Old May 8th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #19
Regular Crew

It will not fit the port natively, BUT you can get a $5 adaptor at Radioshack which will do the conversion.

The mic actually look very nice - so I asked Ray the guy apearently making them if not he could mount it on a smaller mini-jack instead. (smile)

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)