Help making DrDivx work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 17th, 2006, 07:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help making DrDivx work

I am using DrDivx 1.0.6 (I dont like the new version) anyway it works fine and does a fine job but it does not seem to convert the audio ?

Preferably I would like to be able to make DrDivx properly see and convert the audio

worse case a VERY fast way of stripping out the audio to a normal wav file so I can manually select the audio (this way is REALLY not preffered it would add an insane amount of time to the process and eliminate the ability to do batch conversions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Chris Taylor
http://www.nerys.com/
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
I am using DrDivx 1.0.6 (I dont like the new version) anyway it works fine and does a fine job but it does not seem to convert the audio ?

Preferably I would like to be able to make DrDivx properly see and convert the audio

worse case a VERY fast way of stripping out the audio to a normal wav file so I can manually select the audio (this way is REALLY not preffered it would add an insane amount of time to the process and eliminate the ability to do batch conversions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Chris Taylor
Hi Chris.

You may be able to get DrDivX to see the audio with the addition of an AAC DirectShow Filter. You could try CoreAAC, for example. However, most of the time, the new DrDivX simply works better. I just ran a sample 1280p clip from my HD1 through the latest, beta10, version of DrDivX. I used the HD profile and balanced mode. It converted the AAC audio to mp3 and worked fine.

There are many ways to demux the audio to a PCM wav file. Mpeg Streamclip or Yamb to extract the AAC and then any number of decoders. VLC can also demux and decode to a wav file. However, they won't be necessary if you give beta10 a try.

calinb, DivX Forums Moderator
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks much appreciated alas I can not accept the terms and conditions on the new version of the divx codec (its seperate from DrDivx in the new version)

I have AAC Codecs installed I will try others and see what happens - for now I use TMPGENC to make an mpeg2 and then make that into a divx file if I need it to be but I would prefer to go direct :-)

Chris Taylor
Old May 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Taylor
thanks much appreciated alas I can not accept the terms and conditions on the new version of the divx codec (its seperate from DrDivx in the new version)

I have AAC Codecs installed I will try others and see what happens - for now I use TMPGENC to make an mpeg2 and then make that into a divx file if I need it to be but I would prefer to go direct :-)

Chris Taylor
I hear ya' Chris! It's amazing what's put into user agreements--even for the so called "Pro" versions (DivX Pro, Quicktime Pro, etc.). The agreements/products are clearly not for the pros with so many restrictions!

Last I used TMPGEnc, it only supported RGB colorspace, which isn't very efficient for the DivX codec. Even worse is your need to encode an intermediate mpeg2 file because of the loss of quality during the extra (lossy) encoding session. As I recall, TMPGEnc has a "save as avi" mode where you can select the DivX encoder or other VFW encoders. Have you tried to "save as?" It should save you the intermediate encoding step.

You might try posting your question to the DrDivX forum at DivX.com. As I recall, the old DrDivX sometimes requires DSFs to be renamed. For example, it uses ac3filter.ax but it's been renamed to C:\Program Files\DivX\Dr.DivX\AKE007.ddc. AC3filter does not support AAC audio, which is likely your problem. I'm not sure how to get it to recognize directshow AAC filters other than to just install them and try them. There are many to try:

CoreAAC
Nero
ffdshow (audio filter)
Elcard/Moonlight
and many more.

I'd prefer to use an encoder that supports YUV colorspace, which is the native DivX colorspace, even if it means you must decode the audio to a wav file separately. For example, I just dragged and dropped a bunch of my HD1 mp4 files into the Nero "NeroMix" application playlist and "recorded" (decoded AAC) the entire playlist to wav files (video tracks are ignored). It's easy! Other aps can do this nicely too, including BeSweet GUI in batch mode, but Nero is far easier to learn. You could then import the wav files into your DrDivX encoder.

Good luck!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)