DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/)
-   -   Way to playback Sanyo HD clips on XBOX 360 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/68827-way-playback-sanyo-hd-clips-xbox-360-a.html)

Simon Harris June 4th, 2006 04:32 AM

Way to playback Sanyo HD clips on XBOX 360

Hi, I am thinking about buying a Sanyo HD1 but would like to see some clips playing back on my Plasma first. I have some clips downloaded (.avi and mpeg4) - does anyone know a good way to play back these HD clips using an XBOX 360?

That is really my only route to my plasma for media files . . . . .

Thanks

Simon

Leigh Kinch June 4th, 2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Harris
Hi, I am thinking about buying a Sanyo HD1 but would like to see some clips playing back on my Plasma first. I have some clips downloaded (.avi and mpeg4) - does anyone know a good way to play back these HD clips using an XBOX 360?

That is really my only route to my plasma for media files . . . . .

Thanks

Simon

You cant just put them on a DVD and play them

The only way to show HD clips on your Xbox360 is to stream them through your PC via Windows Media Center.

Or wait for Vista.

Simon Harris June 4th, 2006 03:39 PM

Hi,

I don't have media centre but I do have the 'media center connect' application and have chosen the folders for sharing but on the XBOX 360 it only allows me to choose to view photos or listen to audio files - no video files - any ideas?

many Thanks Simon

Darrin McMillan June 4th, 2006 06:23 PM

leigh Kinch is correct

Your only option to view those clips using your Xbox is to down res to SD. Then view them as you would a normal DVD. Probably not what you were looking for.

Leigh Kinch June 5th, 2006 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Harris
Hi,

I don't have media centre but I do have the 'media center connect' application and have chosen the folders for sharing but on the XBOX 360 it only allows me to choose to view photos or listen to audio files - no video files - any ideas?

many Thanks Simon

Media Center Connect can be used to share photos and music, but NOT video.

ANNOYING, but it means MS get money when people spend loads more on MediaCenter rather than MediaConnect.

BUT, you could just try an dstream the cam to teh TV directly. I think that would work.
My Xbox360 knowledge far outways my HD1 knowledge.

BUt not for much longer as im buying 1, and weirdly, selling my Xbox360 to get one (only want RS:LV and GoW).

Chris Wells June 5th, 2006 10:53 PM

I think your best option will be to see some clips on a plasma, not necessarily your plasma. Just ask a rep at a local store what they have for HDTV players connected to similar units and burn something compatible. Sure, it's not a perfect option, but it is a functional one.

Also, I wonder how much of a driver this test is for you. I've played many clips on a Sony HDTV plasma screen as well as a Hitachi one. In both cases, the quality exceeded that of the local cable feed. I'm not suggesting you don't want to see, but rather that it may be a means of confirming something you already know.