Does FVD-C1 cable adapter fit VPC-HD1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old June 11th, 2006, 01:46 PM   #1
New Boot

Does FVD-C1 cable adapter fit VPC-HD1?

Does an FVD-C1 cable adapter fit the VPC-HD1? The cable adapter is, of course, the small piece that lets you power and charge one of these Sanyo camcorders without a dock. If I can get assurance that the FVD-C1 cable adapter fits the VPC-HD1, then I have good reason to believe that my FVD-C1 adapter/charger will power and charge the VPC-HD1.

If not, I will have to buy a VAR-G9 adapter (expensive) or a VAR-L40 charger (awkward because it requires removal of the battery from the camcorder).
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Regular Crew

The HD1 charger outputs 5v DC 2.0A tip is positive.

What happend to your charger.. (ya know the one which came in the box)..?

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV
Old June 12th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #3
New Boot

I won this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7627995450

As you can see, this item doesn't come with accessories. :(
Old June 12th, 2006, 09:00 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Good for you.!

Its a very generic cable plug... but there is a catch, you need a little rectangular adaptor to connect to the bottom of the camera. without that there is no way of plugging the power straight into the camera.

Short of that piece I would say get the external charger which you can pop the battery into. Or maybe even easier.. call Sanyo and tell them you lost your charging adaptor, I would guess its a $20 piece. I was almost going to say you could purchase my deskstand but then realized it might be nice to have when I sell the camera sometimes in the future. ha ha.

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV
Old June 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen
Its a very generic cable plug... but there is a catch, you need a little rectangular adaptor to connect to the bottom of the camera. without that there is no way of plugging the power straight into the camera.
Will the rectangular adaptor from the FVD-C1 fit into the VPC-HD1?
Old June 12th, 2006, 11:41 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Lawrence,

He He. THAT is the big question... I can send you a picture of mine tonight and maybe that will answer your questions. But I can not say for sure.. maybe somebody else can. Don't forget Sanyo, their tech-support knows for sure.!

Bo

www.bophoto.com/HDV
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #7
New Boot

Well, indications at the moment are good.

1) The DB-L40 battery has already arrived. Although it's longer than the DB-L20 that the FVD-C1 uses, it is able to charge in the FVD-C1's charger as long as a rubber band holds it in. So the battery is charging as we speak!

2) I borrowed a VPC-C6, and it does fit the FVD-C1's rectangular adaptor. That's a good sign that perhaps the VPC-HD1 will also fit that same adaptor.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)