DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/)
-   -   Video stopping after 3 - 10 seconds [4gb card] (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/69875-video-stopping-after-3-10-seconds-4gb-card.html)

Michael van den Hout June 19th, 2006 10:17 PM

Video stopping after 3 - 10 seconds [4gb card]

Hi guys.

I got my 4gb Adata 150x SD card for my HD1 (which I got on Friday). Upon putting it in I was quite worried as I thought I might have a non-compatable SD card, even though I have read that this card worked in other peoples HD1 cameras.

Anyways. Between getting it and my account getting activated to ask, I solved the problem. Thought I would still post so other people would know the answer if they got this problem:

Symptoms:
-Stills take fine, but recording videos doesnt. They automatically stop with a card full image after 3 - 10 seconds depending on video resolution, with file sizes under 2mb showing up on the card.
-Trying to take SHQ HD clips also shows there is only room for 28 minutes of footage on the (empty) 4gb card (although cuts out after 3 seconds when actually trying).

Tried solutions:
- Formating card in card reader, and in windows while card in the camera. None of these worked.

Final solution:
- Navigate the camera menu's and do a full format from the cameras menu's.

After doing a camera format it worked fine and I proceeded to record my first feature length presentation (1minute clip of the lounge :P ).

The empty card now comes up with 58 minutes 38sec on SHQ mode, and 1hr 24min on HQ mode (HD/720p) which looks inline with a 4gb size.

Might be a clue to getting unsupported cards working if you have problems.

Roman Oulko June 19th, 2006 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael van den Hout
Hi guys.

I got my 4gb Adata 150x SD card for my HD1 (which I got on Friday). Upon putting it in I was quite worried as I thought I might have a non-compatable SD card, even though I have read that this card worked in other peoples HD1 cameras.

Anyways. Between getting it and my account getting activated to ask, I solved the problem. Thought I would still post so other people would know the answer if they got this problem:

Symptoms:
-Stills take fine, but recording videos doesnt. They automatically stop with a card full image after 3 - 10 seconds depending on video resolution, with file sizes under 2mb showing up on the card.
-Trying to take SHQ HD clips also shows there is only room for 28 minutes of footage on the (empty) 4gb card (although cuts out after 3 seconds when actually trying).

Tried solutions:
- Formating card in card reader, and in windows while card in the camera. None of these worked.

Final solution:
- Navigate the camera menu's and do a full format from the cameras menu's.

After doing a camera format it worked fine and I proceeded to record my first feature length presentation (1minute clip of the lounge :P ).

The empty card now comes up with 58 minutes 38sec on SHQ mode, and 1hr 24min on HQ mode (HD/720p) which looks inline with a 4gb size.

Might be a clue to getting unsupported cards working if you have problems.

I had same problem with my 4gb NCP card well i was told that card doesn't support tranfer of video at rate that camera was doing it took only pictures and instead of 4 gb it showed me 2.89 gb and as yours it showed me only 28 min of recording it recorded only for 1 min 30 sec then it shut off and if it was recording longer by end video did not save i lost a lot video like that. My advice to your return a card and buy Toshiba Transcend 150x 4 gb it works perflectly with me .

Chris Wells June 21st, 2006 07:52 AM

The 9Mb (Megabit) data rate is well below the published rates for... well... pretty much any card you can currently buy. Even the bargain basement 8X cards manage a faster transfer rate than that. I think your formatting suggestion is right on the money.

Rhett Barnes June 25th, 2006 04:10 PM

A full format on the camera from the camera menu worked for my PQI 4GB too. Before that it would only take very short videos, with some cryptic red number listed under the recording time.