The dreaded Black Screen issue...let's try and fix it - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old November 7th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #31
Inner Circle

OK, as the camera I was waiting for has now been extensively delayed, the HD1a/HD2, is still in the run. It seems that their si a noisy camera picture game going on now with low bit-rate cameras (which lowers codec performance) we will see what happens in future models.

James, can you separate out the what problems the dry joint and optical block causes, maybe you can ask them?

Thanks.

Last edited by Wayne Morellini; November 7th, 2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old April 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM   #32
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini View Post
OK, as the camera I was waiting for has now been extensively delayed, the HD1a/HD2, is still in the run. It seems that their si a noisy camera picture game going on now with low bit-rate cameras (which lowers codec performance) we will see what happens in future models.

James, can you separate out the what problems the dry joint and optical block causes, maybe you can ask them?

Thanks.
Just reviving this thread - my HD1 broke again. Exact same issue, black screen. Only used it twice after getting it fixed the first time. Took it back to the repair center and they rebuilt the optical block again. They say that it was probably the iris sticking shut.

I asked them if I should get rid of it - they said yes, looking at the internals it would break again. Next time I would need a new optical block instead of a rebuild.

Did the HD1a ever fix this issue? I've just ordered a Panasonic HDC-SD1 to replace the HD1, but if the HD1a fixes the issue the 5MP camera of the Sanyo could tempt me back.

EDIT: I've also gotta say that I'm proud to have created a thread thats almost had 3,000 views! This shows its a serious issue and Sanyo should take notice!
Old April 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #33
Tourist

black screen sanyo

Does anyone know of someone who will buy my sanyo HD1ex off me. It has the black screen problem so i sent in to lehrman and they wanted to charge £195 to fix it, I can't afford that so if anyone wants to but a my sanyo cheaply please let me know.

One day i will save up for a canon hv20 but thats about a year away!!

i was gutted as until the blackscreen problem I was very happy with its performance.

Bruce

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)