DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/)
-   -   hd1a out yet? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/75050-hd1a-out-yet.html)

Arlan Robinson September 8th, 2006 01:10 AM

hd1a out yet?

Thought I would check back in to see if anyone has gotten their hands on an hd1a or seen a good price for one yet.

Chris Wells September 8th, 2006 08:26 AM

Sanyo has 1-800 numbers you might try. I called them last time and had my HD1 in my hands only 3 days after they arrived in the country... and that includes two days to air ship from Ontario.

Justin Liu September 11th, 2006 11:45 AM

The HD1a is supposed to start shipping from their California warehouses tomorrow (9/12).

Gabriel Yeager September 14th, 2006 12:02 PM

Amazon

Amazon has it for $699.99. It will ship on the 20th from them.

PS: If anyone is selling their sanyo HD1, let me know.
~Gabriel~

Chris Wells September 14th, 2006 08:03 PM

Hi Gabriel,

I've got an HD1 I'll let go for $689 plus shipping. It's only been repaired once, and the scratches on the it don't really detract from functionality at all. It's still got 6 months of warrantee left! You should jump at it! ;)

Graham Jones September 15th, 2006 03:31 AM

Chris, this is a forum where people help each other out.

Offering a second hand item that has been repaired and has scratches for a higher price than it retails at BRAND NEW on Amazon... ain't helping others out.

No offense.

Chris Wells September 15th, 2006 08:21 AM

None taken; I was being sarcastic. Seriously though, there are grey market versions everywhere, failing lens assemblies, a powder coating which lacks durability and, if memory serves, a non-transferrable warrantee. I love my HD1, but I'd estimate its useable life at barely a year, because as soon as it fails off warrantee, I'm probably going to have to replace it. I wouldn't recommend buying one of these used. One of the biggest reasons I still have mine is that I feel it's a disservice to sell it to anyone. I'll be using it for as long as it lasts, loving it for that time, then clearing it out for something durable when it finally packs it in. My position is that this camera should only be purchased new, and with extended warrantee. One additional point to be made is the price these sell for on eBay. Given the risk factor, people over-value these units.

Graham Jones September 15th, 2006 08:55 AM

Whoops - sorry, my mistake :)

Stacy Coil September 15th, 2006 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wells
My position is that this camera should only be purchased new, and with extended warrantee.

Speaking of which. How is the extended warrenty from Amazon? Is there any other vendor that has the HD1A for pre-order with a good extended warrenty?

Thanks,

--Stacy

Chris Wells September 16th, 2006 07:03 AM

You can get an extra year by purchasing it with a VISA or MasterCard that offers extended warrantee. That's the easiest approach; it's also one of the best to claim on, as they usually replace complex broken technology instead of repairing it.