hd1a out yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old September 8th, 2006, 01:10 AM   #1
New Boot

hd1a out yet?

Thought I would check back in to see if anyone has gotten their hands on an hd1a or seen a good price for one yet.
Old September 8th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sanyo has 1-800 numbers you might try. I called them last time and had my HD1 in my hands only 3 days after they arrived in the country... and that includes two days to air ship from Ontario.
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #3
New Boot

The HD1a is supposed to start shipping from their California warehouses tomorrow (9/12).
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Major Player

Amazon

Amazon has it for $699.99. It will ship on the 20th from them.

PS: If anyone is selling their sanyo HD1, let me know.
~Gabriel~
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Gabriel,

I've got an HD1 I'll let go for $689 plus shipping. It's only been repaired once, and the scratches on the it don't really detract from functionality at all. It's still got 6 months of warrantee left! You should jump at it! ;)
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #6
Major Player

Chris, this is a forum where people help each other out.

Offering a second hand item that has been repaired and has scratches for a higher price than it retails at BRAND NEW on Amazon... ain't helping others out.

No offense.
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #7
Regular Crew

None taken; I was being sarcastic. Seriously though, there are grey market versions everywhere, failing lens assemblies, a powder coating which lacks durability and, if memory serves, a non-transferrable warrantee. I love my HD1, but I'd estimate its useable life at barely a year, because as soon as it fails off warrantee, I'm probably going to have to replace it. I wouldn't recommend buying one of these used. One of the biggest reasons I still have mine is that I feel it's a disservice to sell it to anyone. I'll be using it for as long as it lasts, loving it for that time, then clearing it out for something durable when it finally packs it in. My position is that this camera should only be purchased new, and with extended warrantee. One additional point to be made is the price these sell for on eBay. Given the risk factor, people over-value these units.
Old September 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #8
Major Player

Whoops - sorry, my mistake :)
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #9
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wells
My position is that this camera should only be purchased new, and with extended warrantee.
Speaking of which. How is the extended warrenty from Amazon? Is there any other vendor that has the HD1A for pre-order with a good extended warrenty?

Thanks,

--Stacy
Old September 16th, 2006, 07:03 AM   #10
Regular Crew

You can get an extra year by purchasing it with a VISA or MasterCard that offers extended warrantee. That's the easiest approach; it's also one of the best to claim on, as they usually replace complex broken technology instead of repairing it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)