2 HD1's or 2 HD1a's??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old September 27th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #1
New Boot

2 HD1's or 2 HD1a's???

BTW, hello, this is my first post on this board. So far this is on of the best communities that I have seen yet.

I'm going to purchase 2 (and maybe 2 more in a couple of months) HD1/a's. Should I get the HD1 or the HD1a's? The HD1 is about $550 from my local store, and the HD1a is about $700. I like the price and the OLED better on the HD1, but it looks like they might have a few more issues then the hd1a's (though it might be a little soon to tell). What do you think is best?
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Unanswered questions

Jeff Stevens;

I own a Xacti HD1 and, were I you, I wouldn't base my decision of whether to buy an HD1a vs. an HD1 upon the OLED screen difference. Why? Because in bright sunlight situations, the OLED screen of my HD1 is unviewable.

I too, have been debating whether to buy an HD1a, but cannot bring myself to make the purchase; primarily because I've seen no evidence that the HD1a improves upon image quality over the HD1. The HD1 works fine for close-range shots; not so well for landscape, or nature video.

Makes sense to me that, if the HD1a is identical to the HD1 in terms of video quality --- it's an easy choice to go with the least expensive, HD1 model.

Hope this helps,

HDG
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #3
Tourist

HD1a has very few improvements: new in-camera-edit-mode; ipod direct transfer; LCD screen (OLED has 220,000px, much more than LCD); the rest is exactly the same.. flickering.. jaggies.. everything is still here.
Then I'd suggest you to buy 2 HD1, loss money, even better result or almost the same.

Goodbye!
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:03 PM   #4
New Boot

Got the 2 HD1's. Great little camera, not the work begins. Thanks for your advice.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)