My HD1a does not give me smooth video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old March 5th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #1
New Boot

My HD1a does not give me smooth video

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why my HD1a is not giving me smooth videos in either HD mode.

It is most noticable when I pan the camera. About once a second the picture freezes for a moment.

I once had the same trouble with my Xacti C1. I solved the problem that time by making sure the editing program was set to N.T.S.C . I also burnt the DVD as an N.T.S.C disk - (although I'm in the UK a 'PAL' TV country).

This time, however, that does not seem to work. I am using the poor software supplied with the camera ( Ulead Movie Factory 5) - I prefered VideoStudio 7 which was supplied with the C1.

The footage plays back on the camera screen smoothly - which is a bit confusing.

I am using a 1Gb memory which is not new. Could the card be too slow ?.

I hope someone can help me . Thanks.
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Try the free VLC media player from videolan.org; it is less demanding of computer resources (just a player, not an editor).
Old March 5th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #3
New Boot

Jerky Video

I'm not concerned about viewing my video on my PC. I must have smooth action when viewed on my TV via DVD disk.
Old March 7th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Nicklen View Post
I'm not concerned about viewing my video on my PC. I must have smooth action when viewed on my TV via DVD disk.
I don't think is a HD1a problem, most likely is an issue with the software (Ulead) or your DVD player. Try playing the DVD in another device or try using a different software to create the DVD.

Also keep in mind that burning HD video to a DVD makes you loose the HD, normal DVDs are not HD capable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)