8GB Cards in HD1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old March 20th, 2007, 08:56 AM   #1
Tourist

8GB Cards in HD1

Has anone got an 8GB SD card to work in their HD1?

I've just purchased one, but I have a feeling its reading it as a 4GB card. Anyone with any experiences?

Thanks
Old March 22nd, 2007, 07:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Have you upgraded the firmware?
Mine is running on the upgraded firmware, and a Transcend Class II 8GB card works OK, reporting a time available on HDSHQ of 1hr 54mins.
Old March 22nd, 2007, 08:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

firmware

Tony,

please send the hd1 firmware download link

thanks
Pond5 – the world’s first web-based stock footage marketplace –
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:12 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Batta View Post
Tony,

please send the hd1 firmware download link

thanks
Did you mean me? The old link is here, including the translator from Japanese. Please bear in mind this f/w has never been released in Europe, and mentions only 4GB SDHC. But then 8GB didn't exist when it was issued. I don't know whether later production of the HD1 included it.
You use at your own risk!
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...1%2findex.html
Old March 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Tourist

Yeah I've got the latest firmware - the camera wants to format the card as 4GB for some reason - I was interested to know if anyone has any success with a 8GB card (I'm thinking my card could be a fake).
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Temple View Post
Yeah I've got the latest firmware - the camera wants to format the card as 4GB for some reason - I was interested to know if anyone has any success with a 8GB card (I'm thinking my card could be a fake).
Mmmm... I didn't format mine, left it as it came tho' it has created its usual folder on the card. Maybe the F/W does only format to 4GB. I think I'll make a point of not doing a camera format just in case...
Old March 26th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #7
Tourist

I formatted it in the camera, and it read as a 4GB card - trying to reformat it in my PC, it still shows as a 4GB card.

I suspect I have a 4GB card and not 8GB!
Old March 26th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #8
Regular Crew

If you are confident your PC reader supports SDHC, here's the download site for Panasonic's SDHC formatter program which may be better than native support:
http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...formatter.html

As I expected, neither of my USB SD readers, nor the reader built in to my Dell understands the card, I'm reading it via the HD1 and its USB cable adaptor.
Old March 27th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #9
Regular Crew

FWIW, I bought a 4GB SD card online for $25 last night (haven't received it yet), so there are lots of options.
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Here is a freaky one for you. I have an ORIGINAL HD1 with the OLED screen bought when they first came out. NEVER updated the firmware.

I have an 8gb card for one of my camera's so Just for the heck of it I stuck it in my HD1 and HEY it worked!

Almost 3 hours of video is HQ mode!

I have no idea why but it does read the 8gb SDHC card just fine (got it for $40 at BJ's a PNY) so far besides REALLY slow "turn on" time it works just fine.

I am very happy.

One issue. If you turn on the camera and it just LOCKS UP. the SD card may be locked. I had this happen and it took me hours to figure it out. I had just used the card many times so I KNEW it works and it worked in the reader. I do not have an SDHC reader so I stuck it in my SD TO CF adaptor and it reads as a normal CF card so I can download it.

anyway on a hunch I stuck it in my R937 and got the LOCKED error Dolt (it appears the CF adaptor IGNORE the lock switch gonna have to be careful with that)

Once I unlocked it worked fine in the sanyo again :-)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)