Any QUALITY footage of HD2 out there? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 7th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Any QUALITY footage of HD2 out there?

I am looking at finding any site that can share footage examples of this camera.
So far I have only found examples that would not 'SELL' the camera. They lacked detail and low noise in day-to-day type of content.

Any Ideas... Thanks!

Larry
Old April 8th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #2
New Boot

Xact HD footage

Hi I can supply Xacti HD" footage if somebody can supply the space to upload and details of how to?
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

i don't know , but u can at least give your first impressions regarding the HD2 : quality of videos, efficiency of video image stabilisation, zoom ?
did u buy it online , if so which vendor ?
Old April 8th, 2007, 08:39 AM   #4
Tourist

How to share footage and stills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken English View Post
Hi I can supply Xacti HD" footage if somebody can supply the space to upload and details of how to?
Ken,

Many people use the service called: http://www.megaupload.com

Here you can register and get a FREE 50GB space to upload files and share.

If you go to the canon hv20 threads here at DVI, you will see many good folks doing this file footage sharing.

video clips can be quite large and there is a 500mb limit at megaupload so clips in the 30 to 60 sec range seem to work best.

I just uploaded a clip there: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MJOSDI76 so you can see how the download works.

larry
Old April 9th, 2007, 03:27 AM   #5
New Boot

Xacti HD2 Footage

Hi Larry thanks for the info I have uploaded my first file as detailed http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MP9UYHH . I carry my Xacti on walks with a small desktop tripod so some shots are very amateur to say the least and this first shot was to test out the optical zoom and I’m quite impressed with the focus and clarity at full optical zoom. I will upload more footage as I’m just going out for a walk on the local moors with my Xacti :~)
Old April 9th, 2007, 12:11 PM   #6
Tourist

Thanks and await more . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken English View Post
Hi Larry thanks for the info I have uploaded my first file as detailed http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0MP9UYHH . I carry my Xacti on walks with a small desktop tripod so some shots are very amateur to say the least and this first shot was to test out the optical zoom and I’m quite impressed with the focus and clarity at full optical zoom. I will upload more footage as I’m just going out for a walk on the local moors with my Xacti :~)
Your clip IS quite good as it gives a super idea of the zoom reach.
Looking forward for additional.

Do you feel that it is robust in doing STILL's

Thanks,

Larry

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)