Broken tripod mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

(MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)
A compact 720p MPEG4 digital media camera recording to SD Card.

Old April 10th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #1
Tourist

Broken tripod mount

OK, I finally managed to break that flimsy 1/4-20 tripod mount on the HD1. Does anyone have any recommendations for either repairing it or even improving on it? In my case I'd like to be using it for action shots from moving vehicles, where it's subjected to vibration or G-loads. I'd sure appreciate any advice from people who've successfully used the unit for that type of application!
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #2
New Boot

Have you tried taking it apart yet? Maybe you or someone else could machine the same part out of aluminum. I'll be looking to make mine better as well.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models)