DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   (MPG4) Sanyo Xacti (all models) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/)
-   -   Xacti HD2 frame rate (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/mpg4-sanyo-xacti-all-models/98515-xacti-hd2-frame-rate.html)

Tom Park July 9th, 2007 10:20 AM

Xacti HD2 frame rate

Hi, over here in the UK I've just purchased an HD2 and found it to be quite a learning experience with regards operartion, the joystick and zoom controls are quite fiddely, however the footage is very good for such a small cam.

My problem is that although these camcorders are sold here in the UK they do not conform to the PAL 25fps standards, recording in 30fps.

The digital output can be set to PAL and seems to work OK .
Problem comes transfering the files into the computer for editing and trying to output to PAL standard (jerky playback)

Why did Sanyo not give us the ability to transfer our edited files back onto the card ? so we could play and record our edited footage from the digital output, it seems crazy and IMO potentially illegal, as the cameras could be classed as not fit for purpose here in the UK. Surely an option could have been included to record in 25fps or am I being silly ?.

Does anyone think that Sanyo (or another party) at a future date provide software that will allow users to transfer edited video back on to the SD card ?

Thomas Adamson July 9th, 2007 11:35 AM

Footage edits down to decent Pal DVD 576i

Same problem here. such a shame you can't edit the HD footage and send back to an SDHC card for showing on an HDTV.

I found it possible to get a decent PAL DVD from edited footage, but oddly, I discovered that two separate renderings down to PAL DVD of the same footage, gave different results, one being a bit jerky in parts where the other was OK.

Same Ulead programme used for both tries.

Thomas

Peter Nicklen July 10th, 2007 03:22 PM

Burn as NTSC

The Xacti range are NTSC cameras. I found converting to PAL always gave me jerky playback. I had this problem with my C1 and my HD1a. I always edit & burn my DVD's as NTSC - this solved the problem for me. I find no noticable loss of picture quality.

Tom Park July 11th, 2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Nicklen (Post 709987)
The Xacti range are NTSC cameras. I found converting to PAL always gave me jerky playback. I had this problem with my C1 and my HD1a. I always edit & burn my DVD's as NTSC - this solved the problem for me. I find no noticable loss of picture quality.

Yes, it seems that's the only way to go if you want to burn edited video, but it's a shame that the Xacti cannot accept edited files back on to the memory card, this function would have made this little camcorder a real winner, take it anywhere, plug it in and share your edited videos with family and friends

Wayne Morellini July 22nd, 2007 07:11 AM