DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   New BlueFX (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/470553-new-bluefx.html)

Steven Davis January 6th, 2010 05:31 PM

New BlueFX

NewBlueFX

Located in that link is a new color corrector from New Blue FX for Vegas. I love the audio ones from new blue. Anyone tried this one?

Don Bloom January 6th, 2010 06:20 PM

Steven,
I been using NEWBlu video essentials for about a year and the color fixer plus is awesome.
While the presets can be somewhat overwhelming they are easily adjustable and have a load of latitude to get the color look you want. Not hard to do and of course you can save the presets. In Video Essentials there are a bunch of different things but the color fixer is in my opinion worth the money just by itself and let me tell you, they have absolutely awesome customer service.
Nope I don't work for them :-0

Steven Davis January 6th, 2010 08:11 PM

Thanks Don. Have a good season by the way.

Don Bloom January 6th, 2010 08:38 PM

Thanks, you also.

Martin Wiosna January 9th, 2010 11:34 PM

how does the essentials integrate into Vegas? does it work like any other plug in? For the price it looks like a buy of the year!

Jeff Harper January 9th, 2010 11:57 PM

I've only used the NewBlue sampler pack that came with Vegas 9, and I love it. Yes, it is VERY easy to use, just like using any of Vegas' native effects or transitions. Highly recommended.

Don Bloom January 10th, 2010 06:43 AM

Martin, I have 4 of the NBFX plugins and they not only work great they simply install into the VideoFX folder in Vegas when you install whichever plugin it is.

Martin Wiosna January 10th, 2010 09:31 AM

sweet, thanks so much for the heads up! I've been waiting for something like this for a while now.

Jim Snow January 10th, 2010 11:28 AM

I recently purchased the combo deal that includes NewBlue Video Essentials I, II and III. I'm very impressed with the range of things that can be done with them. Another thing that I'm impressed with is that they can be used with both 32 and 64-bit versions of Vegas. Red Giant, who is a competitor of NewBlue FX, seems to have a problem with 64-bit support. Either they don't have the technical ability or they don't think it's important.

Brian Luce January 10th, 2010 01:12 PM

How is this better than the CC tools Vegas comes with?
I played with the New Blue Chroma Keyer, at first I thought it was better than Vegas's, but after a while decided it was n't.

Don Bloom January 10th, 2010 01:19 PM

I've never tried the chroma keyer as I do little if any work of that type. As for the CC, there are times that it is not easier than the Vegas 3 wheel CC but by and large I have found it to be faster to make a correction with Newblue than Vegas. Perhaps it's just me. Every tool in the box has a job and some overlap, some don't, some can do the job easier, some better...each situation is different so I try to use the tool that's works the best and works the easiest in that situation.
NBFX is just another wrench in the box.

Jim Snow January 10th, 2010 01:37 PM

Color Fixer Plus does a nice job of correcting in a balanced way. For example, when brightness is adjusted, it also seems to adjust contrast. I find that if I increase brightness with native Vegas tools I have to then tweak contrast to make it look right. I agree with Don; it's nice to have more tools in the toolbox. It makes it more likely that you will have the tool that fits just right in any given situation.

Dave Haynie January 16th, 2010 02:26 PM

I haven't use the New Blue video plug-ins as extensively, but I bought all of their audio plug-ins, some years back, and they're excellent. They seem to have a unique way of making complex corrections easy. Some of the functions I get from the New Blue tools can be done with standard Sony or any of the dozens of VST and DirectX plug-ins I keep handy. With enough experience a good ear, I can probably tweak some things up as well or better, but it takes time. New Blue's approach is pretty good for the 90% of the time you don't need to spend an hour on each audio clip to get what you're after.

I would be surprised if, in general, their video plug-ins were not of a similar level of quality and functionality. To date, I only have the sampler pack... but eventually, I'll have them all, work/cash depending (I could justify the audio tools because I needed some on a paid project... I'm the way about tools I need for any other project, electronics, carpentry, etc.. the project can easily justify an few new tools).

Dave Haynie January 16th, 2010 02:31 PM

Oh hey, I just noticed (from one of the links) that Todor Fay is one of the New Blue guys. He was also one of the main guys behind the "Bars and Pipes" MIDI sequencer on the Amiga, which is probably still my overall favorite MIDI program... I was in withdrawl for years on the PC (no offense to the Cakewalk people... they made a fine product, but not in the B&P league for some years).

That's enough of a reason to buy these things, for me anyway.