DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   Video Essentials (1) for Liquid (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/487240-video-essentials-1-liquid.html)

Philip Howells November 9th, 2010 10:49 AM

Video Essentials (1) for Liquid

Now that Avid/Pinnacle have stopped supporting Liquid, those of us who found it unsupported more than adequate if lacking in some areas, have also been deprived of New Blue (and I imagine other brands') plug-ins.

I'm anxious to get hold of a Trial Version of Video Essentials - V1. I've been in touch with Pat Sloan at NB who confirms that I can then activate that with them (for money, naturally!) so I'm not asking for any personal or registration details - just the trial download. I stress I am not cheating.

Hoping someone can help me.

Edward Troxel November 9th, 2010 04:00 PM

Yes, the old version that worked with Avid Liquid will still work with Avid Liquid and a serial number purchased today will still activate the old version. I don't want to post a link directly in the forum. Please e-mail Pat back requesting the link.

Philip Howells November 9th, 2010 04:12 PM

Edward, unfortunately my understanding is that NB doesn't provide links to earlier versions indeed in an earlier message Pat suggested I made sure I have my original downloads of other NB plug-ins for Liquid stored safely on DVD, impying clearly that if I needed to re-install at any time NB would not be able to provide them.

However, I have Pat's assurance that if I can obtain a trial version of the earlier version - from someone who did download it themselves and then either did or did not buy the activation, I can copy the trial version and activate (and pay for) the plug-in myself.

Perhaps you'd PM me the link if you have it - again I stress that I'm not trying to circumvent any responsibility - I just want to buy an earlier version.

Edward Troxel November 10th, 2010 07:53 AM

I sent you some links via e-mail.

Philip Howells November 10th, 2010 03:17 PM

Thanks Edward.

Philip Howells March 9th, 2011 02:56 AM

Re: Video Essentials (1) for Liquid

I've hit what appears to be a solid brick wall and I don't understand. I've downloaded set13, the last NB VE for Liquid and installed it. I installed it in my original set up and, after I'd re-formatted the disk and reinstalled WSP SP3 installed it into avid Liquid again.

On every occasion I get Art Blends, VE2 and VE3 appearing correctly but no sign of VE. I purchased the licence a month or so back and was supplied with download instructions for Setup14 - I was assured that the serial no would work on setup 13. The fact is I can't see VE at all to even insert the serial no.

At the suggestion of a very clued up ex Liquid user I removed the cache files and started Liquid again but to no avail.

The very useless but sadly typical response of a moderator on the Pinnacle forum was "Liquid was never very good at plug-ins". The fact is that my experience is that NB plug ins worked very well in Liquid and until I'm forced to move to another NLE, Liquid still serves my needs very well. (Avid Studio incidentally has no multicam feature and so is a waste of money for literally! - again it's dismissed by the same mod on their forum as "a Consumer item not Professional")

Any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

Edward Troxel March 9th, 2011 07:38 AM

The "13" version is the only version you can use and still see it in Liquid. However, LIQUID has some serious issues with plugins. For example, sometimes to get the plugins to show up you have actually REINSTALL LIQUID. I know it sounds strange but there's not much the 3rd parties can do with the Liquid quirks and Avid certainly isn't going to fix it at this point.

Chris Medico March 9th, 2011 07:54 AM

That was going to be my next thing for Philip to do.

You don't have to uninstall Liquid but install it over itself.

Philip Howells March 9th, 2011 09:32 AM

Gentlemen

Thanks for your prompt attention - I'll try it.

After edit:

Which it did. Thank you both so very much.

Best regards

Philip

Chris Medico March 9th, 2011 12:37 PM

Excellent news. Glad it worked.

Philip Howells March 10th, 2011 02:35 PM

Chris, although I wrote to you privately just so as people reading this aren't misled, although the video Essentials showed up in my effects rack in Liquid, the specific VE effects couldn't be accessed and at no time was I challenged for the serial no.

I guess Liquid remains the problem so when I decide what NLE I move to now I'll re-register my NB plugins and start all over again.