New Blue video Essen. 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old March 22nd, 2011, 12:54 PM   #1
Major Player

New Blue video Essen. 2

Does anyone here have experience with the chroma key portion of this package? If so, does it give better results than Vegas?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2011, 08:08 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: New Blue video Essen. 2

Here's a quote from John Rofrano:

The Chroma keyer in Boris Continuum Complete 7 is one of the best. You can buy it separately as a Continuum Unit if you can't afford the whole BCC7 suite. Download the trial and check it out. If you can't afford the Boris Chroma Keyer, the next best for Vegas Pro is the one in NewBlue FX Video Essentials II. The entire VEII set of plug-ins are great so you are getting a lot more than just a chroma keyer.

The chroma key plug-in in Vegas is 10 year old technology and it's about as basic as it gets. It'll do the job if you light things well and control spill. I would try and use it first before going out and buying something else. Only buy something if you need it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: New Blue video Essen. 2

I've used the NewBlue CK, it's really the best low-cost chromakey for Vegas.

Better than the native Vegas keyer, it has good good key color processing, matte shrink, matte softness. It does have spill suppression, not as good as its other features. In the OFX version for V10, all parameters are individually keyframeable.

One of these days I might spend the money for BCC. I'd imagine it's going to get stable on v10, for me it wasn't, so, I wasn't encouraged to spend the money after demoing it. It does have outstanding spill suppression, as well as good everything else. I understand that many users have found it stable on v10.

I'm not one for gimmicky efx, in general, but I have used the lens correction, noise reducer, and rack focus fx in the Video Effects 2 collection - they're fine and useful.

As Edward said, both BCC and NewBlue have demos that will tell the story...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins