Stabilizer stalling/not working? Vegas Pro 9... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Stabilizer stalling/not working? Vegas Pro 9...

I'm trialing the NewBlueFX Stabilizer in Vegas Pro 9.0, it appears to have installed correctly, since it shows up in my FX tab, and everything seems cool until I hit the "analyze" button. it gives me a little "analyzing video" dialogue, but nothing else happens.

I've let it sit for about an hour on a 20 second clip, no action. Task Manager doesn't reflect any CPU or memory usage aside from the usual "your computer is awake" background noise.

I've tried it on both the original .MOV file (from my T2i), and on a DVCPRO .AVI conversion since I'm having a completely separate problem of Cineform not recognizing my product key... :)

Screen cap is attached... Help!
Attached Thumbnails
Stabilizer stalling/not working? Vegas Pro 9...-vegasscreencap.jpg  

Last edited by Bryan Cantwell; September 23rd, 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added file type info
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Stabilizer stalling/not working? Vegas Pro 9...

I had a problem once with a NewBlue plugin and I emailed them and BAM! within a very short period of time they not only had gotten back to me but we got the problem fixed. Granted it took a while, a couple of days-seems there was a conflict with something on my end that didn't play well with the plugin but they never abandoned me and stuck with it until it was fixed. AAMOF it was Todar who helped me.
Point is their customer service is great. They are very customer oriented so my suggestion is to email or call their help line and let them sort it out with you.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Don! I do have a ticket in with them, just thought I'd check here too.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Major Player

I really hope someone from NewBlueFX is reading this...

For my support ticket I'd submitted my exact post from above, clearly stating that I had tried using an .AVI, and that I was using Vegas Pro 9.0.

I received a response telling me to try using an .AVI, and to try Vegas Pro 10.

Not impressed so far.

ETA UPDATE:

They acknowledged misreading my ticket, so that was nice. Problem resolved itself, though, nothing they suggested made a difference. It just decided to start working...

Last edited by Bryan Cantwell; September 23rd, 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: update
Old October 27th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #5
New Boot

I am facing a similar problem with the OpenFX plugin for Stabilizer not working with Vegas 11. ANyone had the same issue? Maybe it is the new version giving it problems? I could still use the standard plugin so it is no biggie...
Kim Fong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins