Anyone Try NewBlue Titler with 32-bit Color Processing? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old November 6th, 2011, 07:06 AM   #1
Major Player

SOLVED: Anyone Try NewBlue Titler with 32-bit Color Processing?

I tried this on the Sony forum with no response, so maybe I stand alone with my problem. In Vegas 11.0 x64, blank timeline, 8-bit color processing, when I apply the NB titler to an empty event or generated media event, everything works normally.

When I switch to 32-bit color processing, the text in the preview window and the rendered text disappears into a garbled line of pixels at the bottom of the screen. See my screenshots below to contrast these two attempts.

Can someone else try this? Am I missing something here? BTW, I can nest an 8-bit color project with NB titler into my 32-bit color project and have it look normal.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone Try NewBlue Titler with 32-bit Color Processing?-vegas11_8-bitcolor.jpg   Anyone Try NewBlue Titler with 32-bit Color Processing?-vegas11_32-bitcolor.jpg  

Last edited by Steven Reid; November 6th, 2011 at 01:00 PM.
Steven Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:34 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Anyone Try NewBlue Titler with 32-bit Color Processing?

(Full Range) worked fine on my system. I changed it to the middle entry (Video Levels) and the text in the Titler GUI disappeared a couple of times but the Vegas preview still looked fine. For more help, you need to start a help ticket at NewBlueFX | Video plugins and audio effects for Avid Liquid, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Corel VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Canopus Edius and other video editors - NewBlueF.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Troxel View Post
(Full Range) worked fine on my system. I changed it to the middle entry (Video Levels) and the text in the Titler GUI disappeared a couple of times but the Vegas preview still looked fine. For more help, you need to start a help ticket at NewBlueFX | Video plugins and audio effects for Avid Liquid, Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion, Corel VideoStudio, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas, Canopus Edius and other video editors - NewBlueF.
Thanks for the quick reply, Edward! I suspect something about my system specs is at fault since this worked for you. I love the Titler! I'll file a ticket as you suggest.

Thanks,
Steve
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Reid View Post
I stand alone with my problem.
Actually, it is the same on my system. But only if using the titler as a Video FX, not when using it as a Media Generator.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #5
Major Player

SOLVED: Anyone Try NewBlue Titler with 32-bit Color Processing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stanislav View Post
Actually, it is the same on my system. But only if using the titler as a Video FX, not when using it as a Media Generator.
OK, thanks. NB Titler as a media generator in all color bit depths worked for me, too. I didn't read the manual, to the extent that one exists. I just jumped right in. Is this the trick: apply only as a media generator, not VFX? I have no problem with that.

Steve
Old November 6th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #6

My test was as a media generator - I did not test as an FX. I just tried it and can confirm I see the same results as an FX.
Old November 6th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
My test was as a media generator - I did not test as an FX. I just tried it and can confirm I see the same results as an FX.
Well, dang, Edward, I guess something is wrong after all on my end...and Adam's, too!

At least I have two workarounds now, which I guess is a credit to Vegas by allowing us to skin a cat several ways. Hrmmm. I guess I can troubleshoot directly with NB.

Steve
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #8

I'm saying that when I added it as an FX, I see the same issue you are seeing and I've reported it to the developers.
Old November 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
I'm saying that when I added it as an FX, I see the same issue you are seeing and I've reported it to the developers.
Roger that, Edward. ;)
Old December 26th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #10
Trustee

Meh, the NewBlue titler is usable (and certainly better than the very primitive native title generator), but I am very disappointed how primitive these are compared to the built-in functionality of the Adobe Premier title generator. I suppose I will have to get used to using external apps to generate titles. :-(

And even the latest build of Vegas 11 seems just as buggy and crash-prone as 9.0 was. Almost considering dumping Sony and going back to Adobe. There are a few things that are nicer with Vegas, but not enough to make up for what I used all the time in Premiere (and I was using Premiere Pro 1.5!)
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins