DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   NewBlueFX plug-ins (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/)
-   -   Vegas Pro 11 - Titler Pro updated (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/newbluefx-plug-ins/506811-vegas-pro-11-titler-pro-updated.html)

Edward Troxel April 10th, 2012 08:45 AM

Vegas Pro 11 - Titler Pro updated

A new update for Titler Pro for Vegas Pro 11 has been released. You can download the current version (build 120402) here:

NewBlue Titler Pro - Titler Software for the Professional Editor's Schedule

Notable changes in this version:

- Added selectable Title Safe grid markers
- When adding a texture, the file name and thumbnail are now both shown
- Improved anti-aliasing
- Improved smooth motion curves for keyframes
- Improved scaling for shapes used inside paragraphs
- Pressing Tab now inserts a Tab into a paragraph instead of leaving the editing window
- Improved reliability when creating prests with Vegas Pro's own preset functionality
- Improved copy/paste reliability
- Improved rotate/scale controls for paragraphs and shapes
- Miscellaneious Bug Fixes

Ian Stark April 12th, 2012 02:53 AM

Re: Vegas Pro 11 - Titler Pro updated

Excellent update. The texture thumbnail/filename is very welcome! I've opened up some very complex projects that gave me a few crashing headaches in previous builds and they seem to work fine now. Hopefully some or all of the stability issues have now been ironed out.

James Redmond April 19th, 2012 06:05 PM

still crashes Vegas. still not stable. Not good if it doesn't work. Another big disappointment.

Edward Troxel April 20th, 2012 07:10 AM

James, if you have not done so, please start a help ticket at newbluefx.com.

Generally speaking if you are having Titler Pro issues:

1) Make sure you are using the most current version of the video driver.

Go to Start - Control Panel. On that screen, click on "Hardware and Sound". Now in the upper right under "Devices and Printers", click on "Device Manager".

This will pop up a new screen. On mine, the third item down is "Display Adapters" - find that entry and double-click it. Below that should be the name of your video card adapter. What is it? Now close out those screens.

If it is an ATI/AMD card, right-click a blank area of the desktop. There should be an "AMD Control Center" type entry listed there. Click on that. On the screen that opens, scroll down to the bottom of the left side, click on "Information", and then click on "Software Update". You should now see on the right where it says "AMD Catalyst" and gives the version installed. What version does it say? You should be on Catalyst version 12.2 or newer.

If it is an nVidia card, right-click a blank area of the desktop and choose "NVIDIA Control Panel". On the screen that opens, go to Help - System Information. The first entry in the big scrolling window that opens reads "Driver Version". What version does it say? The current version is 296.10 or newer.

2) Make sure if you are on a mobile device that it is actually using the full power of the card. To do this, there should be an option in the control panel or system BIOS to force it to use the full powered mode either all the time or specifically when your NLE is running. For some nVidia versions, here's a method, for example:

a. Open Control Panel -> Nvidia control panel (if you don't have one, install nvidia drivers from nvidia.com).
b. 3D Settings -> Manage 3D Settings - >Program Settings.
c. Select your NLE's EXE from the list or add the programs using the browser.
d. Choose option "High-performance NVIDIA processor", if there is this option.

James Redmond May 10th, 2012 09:05 AM

Edward, I was traveling and did not expect a reply.

I checked my driver and it is the current NVidia, 206.10. Using GeForce GTX580.

After posting that I also stopped using Pro Titler, it was wasting too much time will all the crashes I've ben getting.

I will start a support with NewBlue. Just have a few days until I'm back on the road and don't have much time to deal with technicial issues.

Thanks, James

Nicholas de Kock May 17th, 2012 04:42 AM

I have all the latest drivers (ATI) and Titler Pro crashes my Vegas instantly when I try to use it on an i7 system.

Edward Troxel May 17th, 2012 07:38 AM

Nicholas, please start a help ticket at newbluefx.com and I'll walk you through creating a log you can send to us so that maybe we can figure out what is happening.

I know some people have indicated that Catalyst 12.2 is working better for them than 12.4 so it might also be worth dropping back to 12.2 to see if that makes a difference as well.

Edward Troxel May 17th, 2012 07:39 AM

Nicholas, also is this a desktop or laptop? you need to make sure it always runs in full powered mode.