Flash Remover at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

NewBlueFX plug-ins
Stabilzer, blends, effects and more for Mac & PC editors.

Old August 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #1
Sponsor: JET DV

Flash Remover

NewBlue is ready to test a new Flash Remover plugin for Vegas OpenFX and Windows Premiere. If you would like to test this new plugin, please send me an e-mail.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2012, 02:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Flash Remover

Has anybody tried this? It's called Flash Remover Pro.

Their old flash remover worked OK, as long as there wasn't any movement in the frame. If there was, it was unusable because of the stutter introduced by duplication of frames. I was disappointed.

On NewBlue's website, they show a clip that has a lot of movement, but no stutter. It looks interesting, but there doesn't appear to be any way to test the plug-in as a trial. I'm wary about throwing good money after bad, as I bought their old product less than a year ago and haven't got much use out of it.

Anybody tried it?
Bill Engeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Bill, I recommend you download it and test it in trial mode. If it works like you want, then you can just purchase the serial number and activate it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Trustee

Edward
I bought the New Flash remover Pro and with it it came as a bonus the NewBlue Audio Equalizers. I have installed this Equalizer but I can not find it where it is in Corel VideoStudio X5. Any help will be appreciated.
The Flash remover by the way works OK although I have to learn the different settings.

Stelios
Old September 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Regular Crew

What's wrong with footage which contains flashes?
Jan Vanhoecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Jan,

Flashes never bothered me much when my camera used a CCD. The flash would be one frame. If it did bother me, I could just axe that frame completely (think dark wedding reception footage).

When I moved to a camera with CMOS chip, the infamous "Rolling Shutter" issue showed up. A flash will show up in half of one frame, and half of the next. Part of the screen almost white, the rest very dark. Really draws attention to itself and has an unnatural look compared to the "old" flash.

Not to pick on my photographer friends, but since they have all gone to digital cameras, they snap 8000 photos at a wedding. Imagine trying to film a nice sequence of the couple's first dance, while two photographers are clicking/flashing continuously for the duration, with the multi-frame flashes tearing the video apart. Looks "extra-nice" when using slow-motion.....I'd like to try the flash-removal software myself.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > NewBlueFX plug-ins