Nexto 2500 ver. 1.22 copying to CF card at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Nexto DI Mobile Storage Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nexto DI Mobile Storage Solutions
Pro Video NVS2500 and other Nexto DI location backup devices.

Old October 16th, 2010, 04:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Nexto 2500 ver. 1.22 copying to CF card

I have a Nexto NVS 2500. When I bought it a few weeks ago it was ver. 1.07, but after a minor problem I was advised by the Australian agent to upgrade to 1.21. This I did (with some computer related difficulty) but not before I had asked for advice on this site. My post was seen by Woon Jung of Nexto who strongly advised me not to use 1.21 but instead to update to 1.22.

This I also did and all went well until I tried to download some files from the Nexto hard-drive to a CF card. This was something that I had done with ver. 1.07 but cannot do with 1.22. Has anyone else had this problem?

I have another couple of queries, firstly there is provision to play back clips from 1/4x to 12x times the original speed - however my unit will not play in 1/2x, 3/4x, or 1x (recorded speed). For my unit the default speed seems to be 1/4x and when I try to increase the speed it jumps to 3x. Anyone else have this issue?

The other oddity is that on playback the image continually cycles in and out of focus.
Is this normal?
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #2
New Boot

Nvs2500

Dear sir.

the play speed depends on video format type.
NVS2500 doesn't support 'perfect replay'.
it is only for check whether the backing-up is done well or not.

and v1.22 olso supports backing up files from NVS2500 to CF memory card.

If the process still doesn't work, please send me an email.
I will do my best to help you.

Thank you
Woon
Woon Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Woon,

Thank you for your reply to my Nexto queries.

I have found the answer to the wandering focus problem on your web-site FAQs. Apparently it is related to LongGOP sequences, the image is in focus on I frames but wanders on in-between frames.

I have emailed Nexto with further details of the difficulties I am having transferring files from the NVS2500 hard-drive to a CF card but as yet I have had no reply. I have outlined the issue below.

The problem seems to be that Nexto finds data on the CF card even if I have asked the Nexto to delete it. It makes no difference if I format the CF card in my Nikon or in my nanoFlash, the Nexto still finds data (1 @ 0.5KB file) on the card. When it finds this data it asks whether I want to delete it with the warning that I will lose all my data if I do. If I say delete, it then cancels the operation and tells me to remove the card. It does not transfer the data. After canceling the operation it turns itself off. If I turn it on and try again the same thing happens.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:31 PM   #4
New Boot

Press 'up' to delete it.

Dear sir.

please check which direction you make the button to delete it.

I think you press the button 's' to delete it.
(If you don't press up, the process is canceled.)

please check the screen when the delete it. the commander is 'press up'.

If it still doesn't work, please let me know it again.

thank you
Woon Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:00 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi again Woon,

Many thanks for your reply. I have now managed to download my Nikon pictures from the Nexto hard-drive to a CF card. However you have to press the button “down” to delete the card contents. It does not work when you press the button “up” or “in”.

Please note, I could find no information on how to do undertake this procedure in the “Nexto 2500 workflow”, more details would have helped.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Nexto DI Mobile Storage Solutions