Nikon D7000 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM   #151
Trustee

But if i live in the PAL land and i want to add a video from the nikon D7000 to a timeline where the most of the project is shot with a FX1 sony 1080 50I, which settings should i use from the Nikon menu?

Other help needed: is there any way to control the audio to avoid that it clips during the claps of a show?

Thx a lot my friends
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #152
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
Other help needed: is there any way to control the audio to avoid that it clips during the claps of a show?
Have you tried turning the D7000 audio down to level 1 or auto? If that doesn't work I'm sure you can find an external mic with an attenuator that you can set to bring the audio level down.
Eric Pascarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #153
Trustee

Could u drive me step by step, now i'm out of my house, i'll ge tback next week and i don't have with me the d7k, whare are these option of the audio?

thx
Old February 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #154
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
But if i live in the PAL land and i want to add a video from the nikon D7000 to a timeline where the most of the project is shot with a FX1 sony 1080 50I, which settings should i use from the Nikon menu?

Thx a lot my friends
If you are using an external mike this is a simple solution to set audio levels

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/672719-REG/Beachtek_DXA_2T_DXA_2T_Universal_Compact_Camcorder.html

Or you can use this shotgun on the hotshoe which has a Two step high-pass filter - flat or 80 Hz; three step PAD - 0, -10, -20dB

Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:35 AM   #155
Major Player

Remote control for video?

I think I've read the whole of this thread and have found definitely found it very interesting and enlightening. I've also read the information on the Nikon site, and a number of other reviews of the camera. Before I trade in one of my D200s, however, I still have a couple of questions:

1) Whether I'm doing video or still, I always use a remote control. I don't expect a DSLR to have a lanc socket, but is it possible to start recording video with the remote control, or is that only for stills?

2) I'm not clear, even from the Nikon site, if the built-in flashgun will work in commander mode, or if it needs the SU-800 commander unit to fire off-camera flash.

I've compared a D200 with a Nikon 300mm f4 plus 1.4 teleconverter with the image at the top of the zoom on my Canon XH-A1, so I have a pretty good idea what kind of magnification I'd be able to get (exactly the same). Has anyone doing wildlife stuff found any problems with using long lenses for video on the D7000?
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:51 AM   #156
Major Player

Annie, hello!
Please check the Nikonians org site for many of your questions. In particular there's a D7k video section and also quite a few D7k BIF threads that will interest you.
Cheers!
Chris
Old February 7th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #157
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Haycock View Post
I think I've read the whole of this thread and have found definitely found it very interesting and enlightening. I've also read the information on the Nikon site, and a number of other reviews of the camera. Before I trade in one of my D200s, however, I still have a couple of questions:

1) Whether I'm doing video or still, I always use a remote control. I don't expect a DSLR to have a lanc socket, but is it possible to start recording video with the remote control, or is that only for stills?

2) I'm not clear, even from the Nikon site, if the built-in flashgun will work in commander mode, or if it needs the SU-800 commander unit to fire off-camera flash.

I've compared a D200 with a Nikon 300mm f4 plus 1.4 teleconverter with the image at the top of the zoom on my Canon XH-A1, so I have a pretty good idea what kind of magnification I'd be able to get (exactly the same). Has anyone doing wildlife stuff found any problems with using long lenses for video on the D7000?
I can answer one of your questions for sure. The on board flash works exactly like the D200 and you can use the onboard flash in the commander mode.

While I haven't shot any video with my D7000 and a 300 f4 (I don't have the TC) the only issue would be having a heavy duty tripod to control the wiggles with a lot of lens. Which would be the case with any model camera.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #158
Major Player

Chris - thanks for that - my head was reeling after a couple of hours trawling through Nikonians' posts. At least I did find an answer to my second question, and also found what you meant by BIF - obviously I'm not up to date with terminology!

Greg - thanks - it's good to know I won't have to buy an extra bit of kit there. I do have several photo and video tripods (too many according to my husband who doesn't believe in using such things) accumulated during thirty years of using long lenses.
Old February 8th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #159
Major Player

Chris - thanks for posting the question on nikonians.org. I found an answer via an indirect route, and it is no, the remote doesn't operate the video at all. Pity, but I might give the camera a go anyway, if our local photo shop has one in stock.
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #160
Major Player

Annie, before you race out and buy the D7000, check out the newly released Canon 600D it has 4x - 10x crop mode in video. Just what you wildlife people need

Bob
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #161
Major Player

Bob - as I already have Nikon cameras and lenses, I'd have to start from scratch if I bought a Canon DSLR, regardless of how good it was. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:53 AM   #162
Trustee

Re: Nikon D7000

Hola,
i remeber i read somewhere here in the forum, where can i find i CHEAP solutions as loupe for the D7000?

thx
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #163
Trustee

Re: Nikon D7000

@ Chris:
Sup buddy? What about your DP came with after all the time he spent with your d7000?
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video