Nikon D7000 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old October 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM   #31
Regular Crew

This video seems less biased:
YouTube - Nikon D7000 vs. Canon EOS 7D

Prefer the 7D in this one, but it's a close call.
Robin Hemerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2010, 06:11 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Its interesting that the few comments it got on youtube also claimed a canon victory but I have to ask on what grounds? All the canon shows is a more saturated image while the nikon is more flat - something you could either tweak in camera or in post. Other than that the images are almost impossible to pick apart - claiming a winner here is akin to awarding a prize fight via points decision based on the colour of the guys shorts.

I really want to see low light comparisons with prime lenses and the use of correct white balance WITH movement - cars, people etc.

And for the love of god would someone PLEASE F'ING PLEASE tell us what type of signal the d7000 outputs over HDMI while recording.
Paul Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #33
Trustee

All these tests, short films shot, days of using the camera, etc. and NO ONE thinks to check the HDMI?!??? One test had the camera mounted on a remote control *HELICOPTER*... BUT NO HDMI TEST!! At least stick it into a tv and see if the menus show.
Old October 8th, 2010, 01:19 AM   #34
Regular Crew

LMAO - I searched all the way through the hundreds of posts on chase jarvis blog and it seems the test units they were given did not have active A/V out working - so maybe all these test cams out there dont have HDMI enabled so this is why it has not been reported?

One can only guess...unitl the units ship it seems :-(
Old October 8th, 2010, 07:33 AM   #35
Major Player

Dose anyone know the latest release date for the D7000? Mid October or the end of October?
Jim Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 10:07 AM   #36
Major Player

The last reliable source I have found says delivery will be the end of October.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 06:48 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Well at this stage all I can say is the HDMI better be full HD out in record and/or that autofocus better be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the canon's - I was playing around with the 720p overcrank on my T2i on the weekend and Im back in love with it.

Cant believe this is is missing on the Nikon, along with 1080p 25...
Old October 14th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #38
Major Player

We should know something soon. It sounds like the official release date is this Sunday. My local Best Buy has 3 D7000/18-105VR kits in stock but won't put them out yet. Others have had better luck. Best Buys in other cities are already selling them. Maybe we will have some answers soon.
Greg Laves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 12:39 AM   #39
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cook View Post
Well at this stage all I can say is the HDMI better be full HD out in record and/or that autofocus better be LIGHTYEARS ahead of the canon's...
If not "Dead I want them Dead!" J/K but you get the point Nikon.
Old October 15th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #40
Trustee

Reading the magazines seems the Nikon will be on the same level of the CANONS.....
So what i gotta buy if i wanna shoot videos with these awesome hdslr? I have nikon lenses since i was a kid too.....
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:05 AM   #41
Regular Crew

Please tell me Im misreading this or Nikon have not written it up correctly. The manual for the D7000 is available at: http://nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/nopr..._ENnoprint.pdf

On page 57 about recording movies, the way I read it is you cant adjust the aperture in live view mode, the manual states to check the brightness before recording and that "if the picture is too bright or too dark, end live view and adjust aperture as necessary."

That CANT be right??? On the Canons not only can you adjust this in live view, you can adjust the aperture WHILE recording...are Nikon for real?

Also I've searched through that manual top to tail and NOWHERE can I find ANY FRIKING MENTION of what signal the HDMI outputs when in record mode. Seriously someone at that company needs to be slapped!
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:14 AM   #42
Trustee

usually, from a "marketing" point, if your product CAN'T do it, DON'T mention it. Thats how to mislead in advertising and marketing.

I have read on another forum some early users mentioned this "in passing". The way Nikon communicates with lenses made it hard for them to have manual aperture during live view. Don't quote me on that though.

But even in DPreview, I scoured through their texts, and they never mentioned it that the camera has "FULL MANUAL" control in Movie mode. -they had the pre production model though, but its one reason I never bothered crossing my fingers for Nikon for this model.
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #43
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
Reading the magazines seems the Nikon will be on the same level of the CANONS.....
So what i gotta buy if i wanna shoot videos with these awesome hdslr? I have nikon lenses since i was a kid too.....
Not this Nikon Marcus. If your really in a hurry to get a DSLR for video, the Canons still have the goods. Like you I have a lot of nikon glass, just get an adapter for it, theyre cheap.

I have tested and used the Nikons D90, D5000, Canon 5D, and 7D. I stuck with the 7D for video for now. Give it a few more months, then my recommendation might change.
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:28 AM   #44
Regular Crew

OK so going out on a limb here and based on Nikons complete lack of understanding when it comes to anything video, lets surmise:

No standard frame rates in full HD (only 24p)
No over-crank ability in any mode
No HD signal over HDMI when recording (id almost put my house on it at this point)
No control of aperture while recording or even in live view

Standing pre-order...CANCELED!!!

Unless anything radical changes in the next few days, Nikon is at this point dead to me :-(
Old October 16th, 2010, 03:32 AM   #45
Trustee

It won't change Paul.

It's already released in some stores and some users already posted their videos. Theres no "AHA!" moment in them whatsoever.

Do you have a DSLR right now?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video