DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Nikon Photo for HD Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/nikon-photo-hd-video/)
-   -   Shooting an interview with d7000 and sony z7. How to match em with different bitrate? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/nikon-photo-hd-video/496996-shooting-interview-d7000-sony-z7-how-match-em-different-bitrate.html)

Marcus Martell June 10th, 2011 08:43 AM

Shooting an interview with d7000 and sony z7. How to match em with different bitrate?

Hola,
i'm planning to shoot an important interview. I was planning to do with the d7000 but unfortunately the radio mic once plugged in i can't monitor the audio.....
So i was planning to bring with me even the sony Z7 or Fx1 to plug the RX so i could check the audio trough phones.....
So an interview with 2 cameras, now here we have the issue:
The nikon records in 24p only
and the sonys in 50i
What will happen once i drag the 2 different files on my Vegas timeline and i try to synch them?
There should be issues cause the different frame rate right?
Many many thanks for helping me to solve this issue
thx

Dan Asseff June 11th, 2011 11:54 AM

Re: Shooting an interview with d7000 and sony z7. How to match em with different bitr

Marcus, I would shoot in 24p on the Z7 too. Then they are the same frame rate. This is what the camera can shoot in HDV: 1440 x 1080/60i/30p/24p

Dan

Marcus Martell June 11th, 2011 07:48 PM

Re: Shooting an interview with d7000 and sony z7. How to match em with different bitr

Hi,
unfortunately the z7 has a coupke of issues nowaday and my cousin will bring this week to the assistence, maybe i have to bring the fx1 but just 50i (the 50p is unusable)

Buba Kastorski June 14th, 2011 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus Martell (Post 1657258)
What will happen once i drag the 2 different files on my Vegas timeline and i try to synch them?

nothing terrible, just render out project to 24, that's why i love Vegas, you can mix anything on it's timeline,
just try to match white balance in cameras as close as possible , and you might need to sharpen Fx1 footage a bit

Marcus Martell June 14th, 2011 03:56 PM

Hey BUBA thank you!
I can't wait to try as get back....
Have u ever tryed a similar thing?
Thx

Buba Kastorski June 15th, 2011 08:20 AM

once I had to mix in the same Vegas timeline DSLR MOV 30P Sony MXF 60i, 30p, AVCHD 60p and R3D 24p; it is not the best practice, but it works, just render out to the lowest frame rate you have on the timeline, so if you have 60p, 30p and 24p in the same project your best bet would be to render out all to 24p

Marcus Martell June 22nd, 2011 03:09 PM

Hi,
shot the videos both with Nikonand sony FX1 (for the audio).
So once i got home i'll have the images in 24p then the audio in the fx1 with 50i......

So as Bubba said, iìll render first the 50i footage to 24 p then i try to synch?
thx guys, maybe i should use even Plural eyes to synch or is it easy to synch checking the audio wave?
thx buddies