Reccomend Nikon Macro for D80 DSLR? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old June 12th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #16
Trustee

Re: Reccomend Nikon Macro for D80 DSLR?

Chris, just looking at your Vinten Blue review, based on this a Micro Nikkor 55mm lens would be ideal for your needs. You can pick up the older manual lens for a bargain most days on e-bay. This lens will get you down to 1;2 with no problem, for 1;1 you will need a tube, but as it is for web work then you can get away with just enlarging a central section. I use this lens on a D90 for most of my reviews - of course you have to use it as a manual lens - focus and aperture.

Have fun.
Old June 12th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Thanks, Vincent.............

Have I said anything lately about just how damn good this site is for getting solid, reliable and untainted advice?

Maybe it's time I did.

I have been quite astonished by the result of my call for info on this problem, overwhelmed really.

I (mistakenly) thought it would be so esoteric I'd be lucky to see one reponse, if any, and yet here we are, on the second page. Amazing.

I would like to thank every single one of you for your posts on this thread in particular

(I'll chase up one of those lenses here in NZ, thanks Vincent, can't be fagged paying bloody import Duty and GST on anything from overseas).

Further, the people who have posted on this thread have reminded me, yet again, as if I needed reminding, just why I consider this the "go to" site for just about anything but marital advice, and if you want to go "off piste" I can give plenty of that at the drop of a hat.

My thanks to you all, what a stellar crew you all are.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 06:27 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Just one more thought.

Though they are specialized, the PC lenses from Nikon may be the sharpest micro/macro lenses they make. I don't think they will go quite as close as you need, but FWIW, they are stunningly sharp.

I love my 45mm PC-E.
Tom Gresham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video