Nikon D750 video specs are confusing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old September 16th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Nikon D750 video specs are confusing

Who knows the real low down on Nikon's confusing published specs?

1. Max video data rate for the D750? I hear 24Mbps in some of the on-line articles on the camera, yet I see "54 Mbps; maximum logical data rates according to IEEE standard; actual rates may differ" in Nikon's published specs, whatever that means? Does that mean stills data rate or video or ? What is the max video data rate of this camera? It will be disappointing if it is 24Mbps only.
2. Max record time? Once again, Nikon's specs are not clear, "29 min. 59 s (10 or 20 min. depending on frame size/rate and movie quality settings)" So what does that mean, shooting 1080 23.98 at best video quality? If I can only shoot 10 minute clips, that could be a deal breaker, unless the camera does what the 5D MKIII does and just writes separate files for each 4GB clip without dropping or missing a frame.

If I order this camera, I will be using this camera with the Atomos Ninja Blade so when shooting with that device, record times aren't a factor, but when shooting guerrilla style with just the camera's internal recording, lens and a shoulder mount, 10 minute record time per clip, unless it records as long as you want and just breaks the clips up into separate files, could be a deal breaker for me.
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: Nikon D750 video specs are confusing

Yes, I recognize this thread is several months old but in response to Dan's comment about 54mbps, I noticed only today that spec is in reference to the WiFi capability. I was confused as well.
Old January 26th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Nikon D750 video specs are confusing

Yeah, 54 mbps is like an old wifi spec.

My previous wireless router topped out at like 54 mbps or something under wireless G I think it was... whatever was before wireless n ... a ... b... g I think it went.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video