Nikon HD video general discussion thread - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Nikon Photo for HD Video
Dedicated for all Nikon D-SLR cameras plus compact mirrorless systems.

Old June 29th, 2014, 06:47 AM   #61
Major Player

Nikon 1 10-100mm video lens.

I saw the other day that Henry's Camera is selling the very useful Nikon 10-100mm video lens for $250!

At that price, I may have to pick one up for my V1.

NIKON 1 10-100MM F4.5-5.6 VR BLACK PD-ZOOM 3318
Old January 21st, 2015, 12:14 PM   #62
Tourist

Nikon D4 and macro video

Hasan Samur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 10:56 AM   #63
Trustee

Menu Screen Capture on D750

I am trying to capture the menu screen on the D750, I am using a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle with HDMI in. This capture the Live Screen output OK but will not capture the Menu screens. When I plug the HDMI cable into my TV set I do see all the menu screens on the TV. Can anyone shed some light on this and hopefully a solution.
Old February 18th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #64
Trustee

Re: Menu Screen Capture on D750

Problem solved. Just for information the camera has to be set to 1080i and the capture format on the BlackMagic set to HD 1080i 59.94. Found that out by going through every setting one at a time.
Old March 2nd, 2015, 06:42 AM   #65
Major Player

D7200 and newe mic

Looks like Nikon introduced their latest DSLR last night, the Nikon D7200. Upgraded video specs and some neat in camera features like timelapse.

What caught my attention though is their new ME-W1 mireless microphone system. It uses Bluetooth and claims it's good for 164'.

I dunno... I can't get more than about 30' out of my iPhone 5 and Bose Soundlink mini speaker. lol

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1127273-REG/nikon_27159_me_w1_wireless_microphone.html
Old April 2nd, 2015, 08:19 AM   #66
Major Player

Nikon 1 J5 - UDH, 4K video.... 15fps

Maybe they'll do a Nikon 1 V4 with UHD at 24 or 30fps...

Unveiled: The Nikon 1 J5 Mirrorless Camera with Selfie-Ready Screen | explora
Old June 29th, 2015, 04:47 PM   #67
Regular Crew

Testing the Nikon 5200

Hi Folks,

Just added a Nikon 5200 to my arsenal. Only reason I went with Nikon was because I already had a couple of nice Nikon lenses that I inherited from my father in law when he passed away a few years ago. This is my second experience with a DSLR after over 30 years of ENG/EFP work. I DP'ed a horror short with one back in 2011, I was skeptical at the time about DSLR's for video in general, they're not the run and gun TV cameras I was used to. I've learned that hand holding can be steadied a bit by putting the strap around the neck and holding a little pressure with the arms. It seems to work pretty well following my hyper Jack Russell Terrier-American Bulldog mix, Loki around. He's epileptic and we're working him in as kind of a mascot for the local Epilepsy Foundation here in Windsor.

I've noticed that in movie mode, the shutter speed will not go any lower than a 30th. You can't slow it enough to get a streaky motion blur effect. Is there a way to achieve this? Also the camera has an interval timer that would work for time lapse. Is there a function in iMovie that can animate single frames and also is there a way to do custom still picture moves? The program seems to randomly pick moves on its own.

Here are some of the videos I've test shot so far.

Compare this to the video I shot with a Canon Gl-1 last year.

Thanks,

Marty Hamrick

Raindance Media Centre

Windsor, Ontario
Marty Hamrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 10:21 AM   #68
Major Player

Perseid Timelapse

Used the interval timer last night for the first time. Got a few!

I was super impressed with the battery life of the EN EL15.

I started at 10:00PM and it last until 2:30AM! I put a new battery in at 3:00 AM when I work up and continued. At that point though dew was setting in heavy and since I was asleep the lens got foggy.

Loving my D750 more every day!

Old November 11th, 2015, 07:38 AM   #69
New Boot

D750 vs d600

Couple of days ago bought d750 and my first impressions are positive.
The extra button called 'I' at the back of the camera bottom left is very useful. It allows quick changes to the current mode that you are in. As I am shooting a video at the moment I found it very useful for quick reference check.
What I find annoying that you cannot assign the FN button to change between the full frame FX and Dx mode as I have done on my D600. It is also not given as an option as you toggle between various things. POssible due to the factr that D750 has three option here the FX, 1.2 and DX.
David Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2015, 01:02 AM   #70
Trustee

D610 / D750 - how stable is the hack?

I was wondering how stable is the high bitrate hack on the d610 and d750. Is playback on camera available yet? Can I revert to the original firmware if necessary?
Old December 2nd, 2015, 07:32 AM   #71
Major Player

Re: D610 / D750 - how stable is the hack?

What hack are you talking about?
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2015, 08:23 PM   #72
New Boot

Pixel Aspect Ratio D750 Video?

Hello, curious as to what the PAR setting of a D750 1920x1080 video is for Photoshop CS6?

Regards Aaron
Aaron Mulqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2016, 04:10 PM   #73
Major Player

Nikon D500 4k UHD Sample Video

Ungraded video short I put together today while my kid played with Legos. This was shot handheld with a Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 macro using the Flat Picture Profile.

Last edited by Ryan Douthit; April 24th, 2016 at 05:56 PM.
Ryan Douthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2016, 12:02 PM   #74
Major Player

More D500 Tests: Rolling Shutter, D-Light, Face Detection

More tests with the new Nikon D500. This time in HD: Active D-Light, Stabilization, Face Detection and Rolling Shutter.

Old April 26th, 2016, 07:34 PM   #75
Major Player

Sony FS7 vs. Nikon D500?

Today I put a Nikon D500 vs. my Sony FS7 to see if I could get a comparable look out of each with minimal fuss. I was pretty impressed with the results.

Details: In this video we shot several scenes on both the Sony FS7 $8000 cinema camera and the new $2000 Nikon D500 DSLR. The Sony was in Cinema EI mode and shot on Slog3.cine with an Alexa-like LUT applied (Sony provided), it then received minor saturation and luma tweaks. The Nikon was shot using the Flat color mode and it too received saturation and luma tweaks. With more tweaking we're sure we could get color even closer but this was to test a quick grade since not everyone is a color master. We feel this is an easily-achievable match for almost any video editor. One thing to note is that the FS7 has a mountain more color information at its disposal. The Nikon requires that footage be shot correctly from the start.

The Nikon was equipped with the Tokina 11-20 f/2.8 lens, the Sony camera used the Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 DX.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Nikon Photo for HD Video