PIONEER BDR-203BKS for OS X? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM   #1
Major Player

PIONEER BDR-203BKS for OS X?

Anyone know if the PIONEER BDR-203BKS will work in a Mac Pro?
I saw it on MWave for 219.00. That's the lowest I've seen these things, plus it burns BDR-DL at 8x! Wow.
-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:31 AM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

I've no information about that particular drive if you want to be sure any BR burner will work in a Mac environment get one from OWC:

Find the latest Performance Upgrades, Firewire and USB Hard Drives, SATA, Memory, Laptop Battery, and more at OWC

All the optical drives they sell have been tested using Macs. It's possible that one of the branded drives OWC sells is the model in question.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Like the bdr-202, the new 203 is a SATA drive. So you need to have a SATA post to connect it. you have two internal optios which we explain here Videoguys Pioneer BDR-202 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer

Or you can get the drive with an external USB housing.

We'll have the 203s in stock next week. $229 for the burner, $299 witht he external case and a 6 pack of bluray media

check back here next week for bdr-203 info Videoguys Pioneer BDR-202 Blu-ray Disc burner $229.95!

GAry
Old February 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #4
Major Player

I already owned a Blu Ray burner (LG) and decided to just buy the enclosure for OTW. It is the 5.25 enclosure with Firewire 800, USB 2.0 and I think it even has esata. I like it because I can move it between my Mac and PC. So far it works with Roxio Toast. I haven't tried it with any other software yet.
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #5
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

NEW! Pioneer BDR-203 is Now In Stock!!

Once again Pioneer, the world’s leader in Blu-ray Disc, has raised the bar for features, performance and value. At just $229.95 the BDR-203 is the most affordable Blu-Ray Disc writer we’ve ever sold.

The BDR-203 Blu-ray Disc/DVD/CD Writer is the next generation Blu-ray Disc Writer from Pioneer. This BD/DVD/CD Writer will write up to 8x on BD-R (25GB) and BD-R DL (50GB) media. This writer allows users to test & author high-definition Blu-ray Disc content while also delivering the ability for high-capacity data storage. The BDR-203 can read BD-ROM and BD-ROM DL, read/write single and dual layer BD-R & BD-RE discs, read DVD-ROM, and read/write most DVD and CD recordable media formats.

* 8x maximum writing speed on BD-R & BD-R DL media
* Write up to 50Gbytes on one BD-R DL disc (that’s more than 10 single layer DVDs)

The new drive also ships with a full suite of Cyberlink software including:

* PowerDirector 7.0 HE (BD & DVD Editing & Authoring)
* PowerDVD 8.0 (BD playback 5.1 channel)
* Power2Go (Backup/data burning software)

Videoguys' Blu-ray Disc information and Blu-ray Bundles featuring the Pioneer BDR-203 Blu-ray burner

Gary

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite