Riot Gear, is it worth it? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 31st, 2007, 07:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Riot Gear, is it worth it?

Was thinking of getting the Riot Gear plugin for AE, was wondering if its worth it and the bits that come with it are well presented with tutorials and such.
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:18 AM   #2
Major Player

A must have!

Jim
Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 09:34 AM   #3
Trustee

I must strongly suggest that you look at some of the packages that save you money. Andrew has packaged some together that are pretty darn good. For example, Riot Gear is $49 and SoundFX is $99 for a total of $148 but sold together they are only $129. A much better deal.

If you are interested in the kind of things in Riot Gear, you almost certainly need the sound effects to go along with them, so why not plan ahead?

Disclosure: That is what I am ordering.
Old September 6th, 2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I would agree with Steven - if you're interested in Riot Gear buy the sound effect CD to go along with it. A "package" is a much better deal in the long run, but only if you actually use what you buy.

Just an FYI, it's not actually a plug-in but a set of .mov and .jpg files that you mix together for some great visuals.

And one final note (just my 2-cents)...the graphics always seem to look better to me (probably because I know how much work went into creating them) than to "civilians" (those non-After Effect people.) I'll spend an hour on something for my wife to say something like, "That's nice dear. That new computer you just bought can really do alot of stuff!"

So goes the unrecognized life of a visual effects geek...
William W. Holcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Just bought the "lucky 7" package and I love it! (and yes, tutorials are included with Riot Gear)
Vladimir Chaloupka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC