Premiere vs vegas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 27th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #16
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Robert Poulton : Kill Premiere and just let it die.
Rob:D -->>>

Amen brotha.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2003, 08:04 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Does anyone know of a release date for premiere 7 (or even a round-about date) thanks
Brian Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2003, 01:41 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I have both, but use Vegas more...

Adobe's issues of crashing are legendary. Unfortunately, Vegas can crash, too... just not as prone to it. The autosave function doesn't work very well for me in Vegas, as most of the time - it doesn't work.

Vegas has a much better platform for audio, since that was its first goal... not video.

Vegas is also easier on the wallet... a big plus.
Old June 29th, 2003, 01:47 AM   #19
Inner Circle

on top of that, vegas doesnt require any additional HW, so your OS will breathe easier without haveing the need to hang shit off the back end...

When you consider premiere is over 5 years old, and have a look at its evolution, thre really hasnt been any.. evolution that is... I mean sure its got HW support from matrox and canopus, which is always a good thing, but in the end, premiere is really quite obsolete... as third parties take hold of these new editors, and pinnacle buying out steinberg, i dont see premeiere having any major changes coming up real soon...

one thing that has kept adobe in business with premiere is the loyalty factor...
People in this industry are afraid of change and one plugin here and there can keep people suckered in.
Productivity for me has increased 3fold by using vegas and it offers teh same, if not more than any other editor...

im from an avid and Premiere background, but Vegas poo poos on avid and premiere well.. as already mentioned, its a dead horse...
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2003, 06:07 AM   #20
Capt. Quirk

The one I really want to try, is FCP. The only problem is, I have this thing about Macs... What a bummer!
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #21
Wrangler

Yeah anyone know how Vegas stacks against FCP?
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC