XP 64-bit, AE and Quicktime at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XP 64-bit, AE and Quicktime

I was just trying to see if this //could// be done, and I have failed. Bottom line is that QT simply does not support 64-bit, and the freeware "Quicktime Alternative" doesn't seem to talk to AE.

Has anyone else succeeded in getting Windows XP 64 bit (so you can run the system using greater than 2-3 gigs of RAM) running Adobe After Effects using Quicktime footage?
Andrew J Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Navigate to the apple.com page to download quicktime using your 64-bit Internet Explorer.
Only then will you be able to download the 64-bit quicktime (it's still a 32-bit program, but it plays nice with 64-bit OS).
Hopefully this helps.

**Edit** Sorry I didn't read carefully, you are using XP64. I'm on Vista x64 so this action works for me. Give it a try though. Picture shows downloading the itunes+quicktime package. I suppose you could download the quicktime only package. But I can't seem to find it on the site...
Attached Thumbnails
XP 64-bit, AE and Quicktime-64-bit.jpg  

Last edited by Devin Termini; June 4th, 2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Realized it's for vista
Devin Termini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I meant to try thiks over the weekend, and follow up with thanks. Never got to it, but I will.
'

And thanks for your reply, I had/have not tried that. I'm new to 64bit.
Andrew J Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Major Player

I use xp 64bit and QT works just fine - well, mostly. The only issue is that the actual play bar is black, but otherwise, I can play qt files no problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC