what computer do you guys use for Editing - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old July 13th, 2008, 05:01 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Wright View Post
I suggest you download the trial versions of Vegas and Premiere (try Vegas first). Either one is probably way more than adequate for starting out (and should run fine on what you have). Jumping straight to AVID would seem a bit much to bite off for a beginner.
Great ! thanks ... with Vegas .... yoou think i can create a TV production Quality video ? i mean which looks professional
Wajahat Abbasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #17
New Boot

I just purchased Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate for editing my AVCHD footage from a Sony SR11. I was a long time Studio user in the v7-v9 days and really liked the interface. Studio has it's quirks, but I found that I was able to work around them. With Studio 12, I'm starting to edit footage from a vacation. So far, so good with one exception -- apparently it will sometimes inject a random frame into the rendered video stream. This happened on two test projects, but not yet on my vacation project (fingers crossed). I'm in contact with Pinnacle support on this issue.

I like all the features of Studio and the user interface is fairly quick to pick up on. I can render AVCHD disks to standard DVDs and play them on my blu-ray player. I can also render the same project to a standard DVD format for my friends that haven't jumped to blu-ray yet.

I just purchased a new HP Pavilion D5000T desktop system for editing. It has a Q9450 quad-core processor with 6Gb RAM. I'm running a GeForce 9600GS for the video card. I'm able to render and burn a 10 minute 1920x1080i60 AVCHD disk in about 45-60 minutes. Previews are running smoothly, including any transitions or effects.

I'm pretty happy.
Phil Seastrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 06:58 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Seastrand View Post
I just purchased Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate for editing my AVCHD footage from a Sony SR11. I was a long time Studio user in the v7-v9 days and really liked the interface. Studio has it's quirks, but I found that I was able to work around them. With Studio 12, I'm starting to edit footage from a vacation. So far, so good with one exception -- apparently it will sometimes inject a random frame into the rendered video stream. This happened on two test projects, but not yet on my vacation project (fingers crossed). I'm in contact with Pinnacle support on this issue.

I like all the features of Studio and the user interface is fairly quick to pick up on. I can render AVCHD disks to standard DVDs and play them on my blu-ray player. I can also render the same project to a standard DVD format for my friends that haven't jumped to blu-ray yet.

I just purchased a new HP Pavilion D5000T desktop system for editing. It has a Q9450 quad-core processor with 6Gb RAM. I'm running a GeForce 9600GS for the video card. I'm able to render and burn a 10 minute 1920x1080i60 AVCHD disk in about 45-60 minutes. Previews are running smoothly, including any transitions or effects.

I'm pretty happy.

good info... thanks .. where do you get your HP Pavilion D5000T ..and for how much ? also with 6GB ram did you get Vista 64bit...?
Wajahat Abbasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:28 AM   #19
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajahat Abbasi View Post
good info... thanks .. where do you get your HP Pavilion D5000T ..and for how much ? also with 6GB ram did you get Vista 64bit...?
I bought it directly from HP. They had a 4th of July sale and I saved $150 off the current price. Yes, I went with the 64-bit version. So far, no issues with drivers or other software.
Phil Seastrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajahat Abbasi View Post
Great ! thanks ... with Vegas .... yoou think i can create a TV production Quality video ? i mean which looks professional
You can certainly create professional quality video with Vegas Pro. A lot of people do.
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC