Contact info: PC tech to build NLE PC, Marin-California at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old September 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #1
New Boot

Contact info: PC tech to build NLE PC, Marin-California

Hello there,
This is my first post. I have a contact request, but rest assured that I've done the legwork searching the forum for threads related to my request, "building an editing PC". I'd like to thank Ron Evans for posting his system specs on the forum and for answering my specific questions regarding those specs and Edius pro 4.x. And, naturally, thanks to everyone who has posted on this discussion topic.

My next goal, with a system spec sheet in hand, is to get the PC built. I'm not ready to go solo on the build—I'll need a reputable tech, or small-business person, to assist.

So, my question is this:
Who can the forum recommend as a local contact to build this NLE PC? I live in the Novato/San Rafael area just north of San Francisco. I'm willing to travel a bit if I must, but surely there must be good people nearby. (bottomline: I want to avoid picking someone out of the phonebook!)

Thanks for listening, and I hope the forum can help me.
Claudia Eklof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Trustee

Hello Claudia,

I live in Novato and while I don't build PC's as a job I do have some pretty extensive experience building machines. I just in fact finished my editing machine build and a general purpose machine for my brother.

It's been years since I looking into a custom built machine done by a retail person but one of the reasons I got into building my own was I could not find anyone who could seem to do what I wanted. I have several friends who work in the computer industry and discovered it was not that hard to do.

If you want I could help you build it or walk you through it. A complete build should take no more than 3 to 4 hours depending on the case and equipement you're going to be installing. If you send me your parts list I could give you a better idea of how hard it will be to get it all installed. That build time does not include installing your OS or other software.

If you want to talk about it more or see if you would like me to help you with your build you can email me a phone number I can reach you at an when it would be a good time to talk.

Good luck,
Garrett
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #3
New Boot

Thank you. I will contact you directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Low View Post
If you want to talk about it more or see if you would like me to help you with your build you can email me a phone number I can reach you at an when it would be a good time to talk.
Excellent. Thank you for your reply. I will be in touch via email shortly.
Claudia Eklof is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC