Non processor intensive software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 8th, 2008, 04:54 AM   #1
New Boot

Non processor intensive software

I do not know if i titled this thread right but i am looking for a editing program which runs on a pc that i can give to students who are only learning to edit and do not have a laptop powerful enough to run something like premiere or avid. I am aware of premiere elements but from what i have heard from others it is not the best. Ideally i would like to be able to give them something better than movie maker, something with a standard timeline, browser, viewer and some transitions would be perfect.
Mark Doherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 07:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Take a look at this EditStudio 6, advanced video editing with keyframing and chroma keying
I have their original DVD authoring program and still use it today. If it's any indication this video editing software should be pretty solid.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Wrangler

Sony Vegas Movie Studio is another one to research. It's fairly capable on lower end machines.
Old October 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

another possible option

There's a British company, Serif, making a remarkably capable program called Movie Plus, which came out in an improved version, X3, last Spring, though I believe the previous version, 5, may still be available. It's not well known here, and doesn't rank with the major pro versions, but I have produced some fairly sophisticated work on it.

For under $100, it's quite something. The main problems with the V5 involved primarily a few file types and DVD authoring issues, both of which have been addressed in the newer version.

I just checked the site, Serif ¦ Desktop Publishing, Graphic & Web Design, Digital Video & Photo Editing, and do not see the specs/requirements listed. You might, however, wish to take a look or give them a call about your needs. They have an office in New Hampshire, I believe, and I have always found them to be very responsive in customer service.

Last edited by Philip Ulanowsky; October 8th, 2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: title typo
Philip Ulanowsky is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC