Final Cut Pro 6.0.4, FS-C 60GB and Canon XH-A1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 21st, 2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Final Cut Pro 6.0.4, FS-C 60GB and Canon XH-A1

to be very honest, i am having a horribly difficult time getting starting up with FCP and my attempt at a tapeless workflow. i can't seem to view playback on my canvas in realtime after i have applied a filter of any magnitude. it simply reads out "unrendered" in a blue and black gradient screen while the audio plays.

i have tried multi, i have tried the new ProRes easy setup (Capturing HDV Into ProRes Via FireWire | Moviola ? Training for Avid, Apple & Adobe | Production & Post Production Rentals & Sales | Los Angeles, Hollywood, Burbank) and i have always made sure i opened a new sequence. i can get realtime playback through my viewer upon double-clicking the clip and then applying the filter, but it won't play in canvas.

in addition, the second i add a filter by whatever method the top bar turns from green to red. now, i don't know if that's normal or not but i felt it was worth mentioning.

please let me know what it is you need of me to help me get from my A1 to FCP. could it be the way i was recording the footage to the FS-C? i have the 'DV' with a Z-shaped arrow on my LCD and VF and as far as i knew, this was the way to get it to the FS-C. does that mean it's not recording HD, but DV?

if anyone could help me out as to how i am supposed to go about setting up my projects with this equipment, i would be utterly thankful and appreciative of their every effort.

thanks for reading.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

this can be deleted as i don't know why this is here. i originally posted this in the NLE section for Mac.

my apologies.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC