Pinnacle Users - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old March 19th, 2009, 12:42 AM   #16
Trustee

SmartSound is some of the richest sounding, mostly real instrument music in the Royalty Free arena. Once you buy it, usage rights include any venue for your video production except national TV or Theatre chain exhibition, this leaves open selling any quantity of video on disks, use in your videos on the web, local TV broadcast, pretty much anything you want to use it in.

Like ScoreFitter, you can score to variable lengths, not limited to fixed 15sec, 30sec, or 60sec cuts. Check out the special sale for a few more days at the link below. All of the albums are priced at $49.95 each, all seem to be multi-layer (using their software you can change the mix of instrument layers to your liking). SonicFire Pro 5 Express Tracks edition comes free with purchase of any album.

To use this software, first in Studio time the segment you want to score (multi layer format cannot be made to work as a plug in in Studio), then open another window and fire up Express Tracks. Define the duration you need and select your music album and track. Play it trying different "mood mixes" or instrument layer mixes until you have what you want and export that as an AVI file to somewhere you can point the Studio "album" function to in order to find it. Drag the AVI to the music track in Studio and position it where you want it and see how it works with the video.

Listen to the sample segments of each track on the albums on special at this link:

SmartSound Specials
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #17
New Boot

Filing Pinnacle Pieces

Bruce... Haven't gotten to check this site in a while... but what a surprise when I did. You were able to answer my dilema! And it sounds so simple... I can take charge!! And I will.
But I was sure it was "just me" so I was glad at your response.... At least now I know what I am dealing with.
Thank you so much... I do like Pinnacle... easy for me to do what I need... just fading in and out between clips of stationary subjects being interviewed for their oral histories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post
No matter what you do, I think Studio is always going to put some things on your C: drive. Pinnacle Studio literally "vomits" control files all over the place. But a little bit of organization will help some.

I setup the following folders under Pinnacle: Captured Video, My Projects, Finished Videos, Imported Music, and Photos.

Captured Video is where I specify for video captured over firewire to go.

My Projects is where I specify Studio to save what I'm working on. Here you MUST use "save as" or Studio will assign "my video 1" "my video 2" etc. and I try not to let this happen, if it does I delete these.

Finished Videos is where I have Make Movie place anything I render to AVI, WMV, or any other file format.

Imported Music is where I place any music file generated from something like SonicFire Pro so I can "point" the album in Edit mode to.

Photos will be for still photos I need to put on the timeline and like Imported Music this will be the folder I can point the album in Edit mode to.

You do kind of have to think ahead and have Studio place or save stuff where you want it as some of the defaults seem to make no sense.

Sounds like MOVIE CLIPS for you serves the same function as Finished Videos for me. You have to be sure that you specify this folder in Make Movie or Studio will place it on whatever path you last had open.

Remember use Captured Video ONLY for capturing from your camcorder and be sure you specify this folder when capturing.

Use MOVIE CLIPS only for videos you render from Make Movie and be sure that folder is exactly specified each time.

That should help.
Deb Brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #18
New Boot

Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Morse View Post
Try going here Error
Rob... thank you... Didn't know about the forum.... and it's one more outlet to get questions answered... Yay.
Deb Brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #19
New Boot

Capturing video from Computers DVD player?

Is this possible? At this point, When I go to Caputure, the only option I get is from my Canon mini DV camera through my firewire. I only have Pinnacle Studio SE 9.
Thanks from a totally illiterate but trainable user.
Deb Brush is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC