DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   Photoshop question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/16150-photoshop-question.html)

Charles King October 23rd, 2003 11:30 AM

Photoshop question

Is there a way to resize a group of pics at the same time without doing it one by one? I can't seem to find where one can do it. I have 40 pics that I want to resize and thinking of doing it one at a time is a bit time consuming.

Robert Poulton October 23rd, 2003 01:46 PM

all you need to do is create an action of the event(s) that you wish to do to all the items. So in your actions window you need to create new action.
then when your ready press record. After that everything that you do to that image will be recorded. Then just hit stop and now you have a new action that you can replicate to other images. Warning...if you have images with different named layers this will not work. It will be looking for the layers and they will not be there, thus no action will take place. If your just working with flattened images then it shouldn't be a problem.

Rob:D

Charles King October 23rd, 2003 02:31 PM

Thank you for replying but you lost me when you mention the action window in the beginning.

Cris Kay October 23rd, 2003 02:43 PM

Under the windows tab, click show actions (Windows > Show Actions). Then you can follow his above instructions.

Charles King October 23rd, 2003 03:29 PM

Thanks but I'm still not getting his procedures. I see the action window. Now he's talking about press record button etc. I didn't even know there was a record button in photoshop. I don't understand. do I input the pics first or after? Is there a simple plug-in or program then this method?

I think it should simple to just input a group of pics and then change resize it then simply mark the rest of the pics, right click and click past the charateristic of the first pic onto the others. aah well, I guess if it was simple then it won't be a good program uh? Maybe a step by step instruction, if anyone is willingly to take the time, I'll be grateful otherwise, I'll just do it one by one.

Mike Rehmus October 23rd, 2003 04:03 PM

It would be easier if you read the manual section about Actions. Think of them as just a way of remembering the steps of an operation. Start the Recording, do one set of changes that you want to use on the picture. Then stop the recording. You now have an Action.

If you want to really get quick, you can then use the Batch processing capability to rework all of the image files in a directory.

This is a very fast method after you set up the Action.

Charles King October 23rd, 2003 04:18 PM

Thanks for your help and everyone else. I've downloaded IrfanView program and this is so much easier. Simple and to the point. Took 5 seconds. Wow!