Registry Cleaner at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old October 29th, 2003, 02:58 AM   #1
Trustee

Registry Cleaner

Hi

Does anyone recommend a good registry cleaner for WinXP pro?

Stelios
Old October 29th, 2003, 08:09 AM   #2
Trustee

Reg Supreme is a great tool. I have the older version of it from when it was free and called Reg Cleaner. It's now a lot slicker and has a few more functions and only costs $12.95
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM   #3
Trustee

Also, if you happen to have Norton SystemWorks, it has a good registry cleaner, and general windows error-fixer.

SystemWorks is a good buy because it includes Norton's Anti-Virus tool along with a slew of good maintenance tools.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 11:26 AM   #4
Trustee

I just checked out the RegSupreme tool Adrian mentioned above and tried out the trial version. I must say it's the nicest of its kind that I've seen. It actually fixed something that I'd been trying to troubleshoot for a while now. A very odd problem related to Internet Information Server that most would never really encounter. Which is why it was difficult to nail down.

It's definitely better than SystemWorks' registry cleaner, though SystemWorks is still a great deal considering what all else you get with it.

Good find, Adrian. I'm going to get some good use out of this tool.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hmmm.... That reg cleaner has an odd problem of restarting my computer right after it starts scanning!

Couldn't have been something I did while screwing around in the registry! Oh well, it's about time to reinstall windows anyway.

Cheers,
Huey
Brian Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #6
Regular Crew

What is the point of cleaning your registry?
Ryan Krga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:29 PM   #7
Trustee

Over time as you install, uninstall and generally muck about with your computer, the Windows Registry collects bits of unused or erroneous data that are not successfully removed by the installer/uninstaller programs.

Whenever there is any odd or creepy behavior going on in your OS, it can usually be blamed on the Registry. Having a Registry free of errors or useless data bogging it down will result in a slightly faster machine. It starts up and shuts down more quickly, and generally functions more smoothly.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC