IOFLEX-fw4/can't browes after install at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old November 16th, 2003, 07:28 PM   #1
New Boot

IOFLEX-fw4/can't browes after install

After installing the IOFLEX-fw4 firewire card, I cannot browes the internet or connect to mail server. My ISP icon shows that I am connected and packets are being sent a recieved. After install, XP asks if I want to set up a network because it has detected a network installation. I use McAfee virus protection. Are there any known problems with this card?
Gerald Shropshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2003, 08:31 PM   #2
Major Player

XP treats firewire cards as networks because in theory you can make a 1394 LAN. Go into Network Settings in the control panel and see what's listed. It'll most likely be your normal NIC and the firewire card.. try disabling the firewire card.

Also just try running your network setup wizard again, making sure you select your NIC card as the internet connection.
Old November 17th, 2003, 09:13 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Alex. I tried disabling 1394 card and re-booted. Still unable to browse internet or receive e-mail. I will try downloading latest Service Pack from MS to see if that helps. There has been a suggestion to flash my bios also.
Gerald Shropshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2003, 05:23 PM   #4
Major Player

I hope you get it sorted out! I can't count how many hours I've spent tinkering with my system trying to get firewire cards to work.. let's hope we move towards a more reliable solution.

Anyway, just remember that flashing your BIOS should be considered a last-resort option. Doing it wrong may mess up more than your internet connection!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC