Check this test: DVStorm2 vs. Matrox RX100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old December 31st, 2003, 11:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Check this test: DVStorm2 vs. Matrox RX100

Hi,

Found the following test:

http://www.bestpricecomputers.ltd.uk/pro/9220/DVStorm_vs_RTX100.pdf

(beware of long URL)

If you choose to belive the test, all cards are JUNK compared to the Storm2.... opinions?

// Lazze
Old December 31st, 2003, 11:55 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Looks like something straight from the Canopus ad department. When things are this one sided, you really have to question the validity - and I don't use either one!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2003, 12:24 PM   #3
Wrangler

I would severely question its validity. I believe that I saw something like this 6 months a go and was dismissed as un-true.

For a start this is about the RTX 100 and not the xtreme - the latest version available from Matrox with Premiere Pro.

The test system is not the recommended for RTX 100 (xtreme). According to Matrox website this is the minimum: Pentium 4 at 2.2 GHz 512MB ddr RAM http://www.matrox.com/video/support/rtx100xtremepro/rec/sys_rec.cfm.

It is supplied with many of the same effects as the Canopus.

I don't own one myself in fact I own a Pinnacle DV 500+. The Canopus is also a good product and should be looked at seriously. But that report is complete JUNK!!!

After all Computer video magazine rated the RTX 100 xtreme the best video editing card - Read the January edition.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2003, 01:28 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi,

I can only agree.... it was just too "one sided". I checked Computer video magazine (there website anyway). They don't really pick the "best" card. In november 2002, the Matrox card was best, but that was before Storm2. After that they say "with a hair the RX100 is still a top card"... so I guess the Storm2 and the Xtreme card are really even now...

hmm, I got an offer to buy a Storm2 for 999 Euros(brand new from Germany)... that is about 400 euros cheaper than they are in Sweden... Have to decide if I should say yes...

// Lazze
Old December 31st, 2003, 01:31 PM   #5
Wrangler

Lars, if you can try and get a demo with both of them. Then you can make up your own mind.

Cheers,

ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC