Magix Video Deluxe Pro 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 8th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #1
New Boot

Magix Video Deluxe Pro 2.0

Anyone have any experience with Magix Video Deluxe Pro 2.0? It has one of the highest ratings of editing software on Amazon.com, but I don't see too many people use it at this forum. I am considering this package over VideoStudio, MediaStudio, and Pinnacle. What do you guys think?
Hebron Mak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #2
New Boot

Oh, forgot to mention that I would like to find something that is quite powerful, but still moderately easy to learn. I am new to DV-editing, but I am a techie. My budget is under $100. Closer to $50 is even better. :)
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:29 PM   #3
Wrangler

We've used Premiere and currently use Vegas (really like it, BTW). Magix came bundled with my friend's Samplitude (audio) so we played around with it just to see what it could do. We were pretty impressed, given its modest price. Downside? Being a techie, you'll outgrow it very soon--as you will any of the programs you listed. But *for the money* Magix is "powerful" and a good first step. Easy to learn, too.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2004, 11:57 AM   #4
New Boot

Thanks for your suggestion! Being a Vegas fan, do you like Screenblast Movie Studio? I heard it is basically a scaled down version of Vegas. Do you think a techie will outgrow that quickly as well?
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

I believe a techie will quickly outgrow screenblast. My understanding is that you're limited to 2 video tracks and 1 audio track (or something really small like that). If you want more complex compositing, you'll really need more tracks. Also, you don't get many of the other features in Vegas 4.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:33 PM   #6
Wrangler

I haven't deleted Magix from my computer yet so took a look at it: 32 tracks available, plus pretty good audio editing as well as nice audio/video effects. For $50 (I think that's the price?) it's hard to beat.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #7
New Boot

Yeah, 32 tracks is definitely a lot more flexible than 2-3 tracks. That will rule out Screenblast Movie Studio for me. Another software package I was seriously considering is MediaStudio 6.5 Director's Cut. I found it for $35 and I heard it is fairly powerful, with an interface similar to Premiere. v7.0 came out already, so that's why v6.5 is so cheap now. Any comments on how this compares to Video Deluxe Pro?
Old January 9th, 2004, 12:43 PM   #8
Wrangler

Sorry; someone else will have to take it from here. Good luck in your search, and in your editing!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC