Did I get on the wrong Bus? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 13th, 2004, 06:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Did I get on the wrong Bus?

I am a "Nascar" fan. I am loyal to a fault. I have only been using Adobe products for about 2 years. I started in Primere 6.0 and have been using PP for since about 2 months after it's release. I used 6.5 as well. While using 6.5 I also used TMPGEnc to encode my stuff so that it looked like the 2 folders. One VIDEO_TS the other AUDIO_TS. Then burn it to a DVD with Nero. Now, I can burn small projects to a DVD w/ PP but of corase they are much like a VCR tape. You can only put it in and watch. No navigation. I am trying to use Encore but keep getting the "Sorry, An abnormal condiction has been detected" screen when I attempt to transcode it. So now I am back to simply burn the project out to a DVD. This project is 1hr 19 minutes long. After around 2.5 hrs of waiting, Adobe crashed. I mean hard too. No DVD. So I render it out and get 3 files. A Wav file. Good, I know what to do with that. A .m2v.mcses file. and a plane ole m2v file. I realize I am not the shrapest knife in the drawer but I can't get this files to work in anything BUT Encore. Did I mention the little problem I had with Encore?
I really need to get this project together and out the door and I know I have been rambling but I feel like I am being twisted in every direction. I need some help or advice or maybe a good vender for Vegas products.

Randy Brazell
Barry Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 07:50 PM   #2
Trustee

Maybe you can download the demo version of Vegas+DVD which I think works for about a month and get your project out within that time? And if you like it (Which I think you will after Premiere) buy it.

Aaron
Old January 13th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

The demo of Vegas+DVD doesn't expire. However, you cannot save, work with MPEG, or use AC3 in the demo. There are a few other limitations but, otherwise, is fully functional.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #4
Trustee

Edward, you cannot save in the demo? I was sure you could...
(Been a while though) Ahh well.

Aaron
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:21 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Nope. Saving is disabled.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:58 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Barry I would try the Adobe Encore Forum with this question. Should be a bit more experience with the program there. Let us know if it works out.

BTW Uninstalling/reinstalling Encore would probably be worth a try. That's work for me with other programs.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Brian Huey :
BTW Uninstalling/reinstalling Encore would probably be worth a try. That's work for me with other programs.

Cheers,
Brian -->>>

Thanks Brian,
Now that's something I haven't thought of. I will let you know.

Randy Brazell
Barry Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2004, 07:59 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Just in case...

anyone reads this later and wonders about the problem.

It was the fact that "I" didn't have the Xp pro service pack installed. As soon as I did that, everything is working fine. Ya live, ya learn.

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Randy Brazell
Barry Gilbert is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC