External Hard Drive at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 18th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #1
Tourist

External Hard Drive

Hey everyone, I recently got an external hard drive, 160 gb seagate, and connected it using USB 2.0. So I now have a 10 gb drive for my OS, a 60 gb drive for my program files, pictures, music files, etc., and now the 160 gb drive. I also just got some new editing software and my question is should I save the editing software to my 60 gb drive in the prgram files, and then use the 160 gb drive for all my video files, or should I use the 160 gb drive for both my editing software and my video files. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Matt Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2004, 11:20 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Editing software should probably go on your 60GB drive. You should usually keep all your applications on one drive/partition. Fragmentation from those apps stay on one drive, and it's easier to manage since all your programs are in one place.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC