Nvidia glitch at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old January 27th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #1
Major Player

Nvidia glitch

Before I start scanning the net for Nvidia forums, I just got a new computer with the Nvidia Geforce 5600 in it, and it seems that XP doesn't like it very much. I've already tried the newest driver, I'm just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this card yet.
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:18 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Harry,
I'm using the 4200 card with XP Pro and haven't had any issues. What exactly is going on?
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:53 PM   #3
Major Player

I just got off the phone with Systemax support (they work late and answer quickly), they said it sounds like I got a bad card. It doesn't want to accept the drivers properly. Computer restarts at least once everytime I boot it up. No complaints with the new system though. The new p4 3.2 is a real screamer, compared to my old Athlon 900. They are shipping me a new card, overnight. I also have the 4200 that I took out of the old system. I'm going to hang on to it, it was a real workhorse for me.

Thanks for the referral to systemax computers, via Tiger Direct, Don. I didn't expect the computer to be delivered until this week sometime, instead received it last Friday. Tech support for systemax is awesome. I called them the first time after 9 pm central, and they were very helpful. I did get the system up and running, moved my hard drives and burner over with no problems at all.

Thanks Don.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:03 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Harry,
Yes, their tech service is good. I did use it once to ask a stupid question and they were prompt & courteous. Glad to hear your satisfied and getting the problem taken care of.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC