Pioneer A06/A07 - Wow what a difference at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old February 27th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Pioneer A06/A07 - Wow what a difference

While many people are rushing out to buy the latest Pioneer DVD burner for their vids, I decided to see if I could find the now outdated A06 at a discounted rate. I found some for $109 (OEM). I replaced my pos HP 200 with the A06 and it changed my life (not really). But the differance really is worth mentioning. Before, my DVDs would not play on many players, even if they were supposedly compatible. In addition, I got some high quality 1x blanks directly from Optodisc (the totally blank thermal printable kind) and VOILA!

I think the picture quality is even better than before and they play on even the most testy of DVD players (really old RCA and cheaper models). The menu queues up instantly rather than the 10 second wait that most cheaply recorded DVD-Rs take to queue. This reliability is what I was looking for so I thought I'd pass on the tip.

While the A07 is probably better, the A06 is still a bad dude!!
Alex Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 03:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Is the picture quality better due to less skipping, or does it just look "silky", "smooth", "richer", etc. Chuckle.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2004, 03:30 PM   #3
Major Player

I know, I know. Laugh all you want. It's probably in my head, but it does seem that way.
Alex Dunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2004, 08:39 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Though this is more of a dvdrhelp.com thread i will contribute to the rating of the a06. I own one of these things and so far i have burnt around 40 dvd-rs with a great quality and speed.

take care
Dmitri Henry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC