Premiere CS3 export issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Non-Linear Editing on the PC
Discussing the editing of all formats with Matrox, Pinnacle and more.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere CS3 export issues

When I export an mpeg using the Adobe Media Encoder export function (originally from 1440x1080 HDV source, 60i footage) and export as MJPEG B codec .mov file container, I've noticed that if I add any type of levels and contrast adjustments, the video deinterlaces itself while exporting, even when I don't have the 'deinterlace' checkbox clicked.

I've now started to export as Movie... in the export settings and setting everything up that way, but the media encoder was simpler to have ready to go by having defaults set. When using the export as movie it works fine, no issues with it deinterlacing when I didn't want it to.

Anyone have this issue?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:06 PM   #2
Trustee

It's hard to help you pick the best codec without knowing what you want to ultimately do with it.

If you want an intermediate codec, MJPEGB isn't something I've seen anyone use. Actually, I haven't used any MJPEG codecs for over a decade. QT with the Animation codec is lossless and dead reliable as an intermediate. The files it makes are huge, but it works like a Swiss watch. You can deinterlace or not without issue.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > Non-Linear Editing on the PC