DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   audio track to multicam question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/239159-audio-track-multicam-question.html)

Jack Laurie July 16th, 2009 04:31 PM

audio track to multicam question

Hi,

In prem pro cs3. I have 2 source sequences , each with a close and wide shot (sat and sun performance). When i multicam edit each day separately (2 cam) only the first track comes over to the multicam sequence. The audio 1 is the direct line feed and audio 2 is a 'live' shotgun mic recording. Only the direct line is present in the multicam edit timeline which is what I want to output. But I'd like to bring in and out some of the second track , s.a. applause and some of the live stage taps from the tap dances. How do I do that. Do I audio mix up and down the 2nd track in the source sequences and somehow mix it down to all audio 1 (to show up in the multicam sequence timeline)?

Also, is there a simple way to exchange just the audio tracks 1 for 2 without loosing any position (sync). The Sat performance has direct feed on track 1 and Sun has direct on track
2. I'd like it the same so when I get my flow down on mixing up and down the applause on the 2nd track I can maybe more quickly reproduce it on the Sun sequence. Is it most efficient to just unlink the vid-aud and then drag the 1 to 3, the 2 to 1 and then the 3 to 1? I just don't want to loose any sync. is there a key shortcut that does this?

Thanks,
Jack

Tripp Woelfel July 16th, 2009 06:57 PM

If I understand you correctly, the easiest way is to get your mix the way you want it and then export an audio track (file/export/audio) then drop that into the timeline where you've nested the multi-cam timeline. Alternatively, you could copy the audio tracks out of the embedded timeline into the "master" timeline. Lining it up is easy. Align the beginning and if the end is aligned, you are all set.

Jack Laurie July 16th, 2009 08:14 PM

oh..do you mean take the source 2 audio tracks....keyframe in the ups and downs that i want on each track and when I export audio, as long as both are toggled, they will export as 1, mixed as I hear track? Then import it as an asset and drop it on the multicam sequence in audio track 2 and line it up. Then, untoggle the multicam track 1 so at export , all I'll get is the new track 2?
Can markers be exported with the source audio mix?

Also,
I've done my audio mixing before by going to where i want in the live track and setting keyframes up and then down during applause or whatever I want momentarily.
It sounds like this can be done more real time with the audio mixer? I listened and turned the tracks volume up and down, but didnot see(keyframes laid down) or hear anything different on playback (even with the red record button pushed. I'm not getting it,....what am I missing?
What's the easiest way to do this?

thanks for your response and help