DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Non-Linear Editing on the PC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/)
-   -   audio sync on studio 8 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/non-linear-editing-pc/24691-audio-sync-studio-8-a.html)

George Di Giulio April 17th, 2004 01:30 PM

audio sync on studio 8

Hi,
I'am new to all of this. First time forum user and very new at video editing. I took up video as hobby and I really like it.
I do have some problems though. Presently using a DVD 300 camera. Two HD SATA with 1g ram. A plextor 708a burner and Pinnacle studio 8.12 with a USB studio movie box for capture.
The problem is out of sync audio and not all the audio is out of sync only towards the end of a movie that I have burned . The condition is not present on the time line only after I burn a disc and play it back.
Should I be using a Firewire instead of a USB2 capture? I have emailed Pinnacle a few months but have made little head way. Would appericate any help! By the way I have updated my burner frimwear,using Enditall2,DMA, winXP Pro Service Pk1, intel 865 Mother board,Intel 82865 Graphics , Sound Max IDA. I had my pc built by a friend that repairs pc. I hope this is enough info? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
George Di Giulio

Trond Saetre April 22nd, 2004 07:56 AM

What you describe is a common problem with the later versions of Pinnacle Studio 8.
(After version 8.8 I believe)

From what I have heard, it only happens on "long" projects, like more than 30min.

I would recommend you to upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 9.
I upgraded from Studio 8.12 to Studio 9 a month ago, and it was absolutely worth it.
(It also support 16:9)

George Di Giulio April 23rd, 2004 10:37 AM

Hi Tround,
Thanks very much for your input! I was thinking about updating to ver 9 but wanted to hear from someone who had first hand experience.
I was also told that I should use firewire instead of usb2 to capture. Are you using firewire to capture?
Thanks again for your response. George

Trond Saetre April 23rd, 2004 11:48 AM

Yes, I'm using firewire to capture.
That is what everyone recommend.
(I didn't know you could use usb to capture. Never heard of that.)

You can get OHCI compliant firewire/IEEE1394 capture cards for about $10-20. There are more expencive cards too, but you don't need them.

George Di Giulio April 23rd, 2004 02:01 PM

Fast reply! My camera a sony uses a DVD 8cm. disc to record all video & stills and it only has a usb2 port for either & svideo in & out, also composite video in & out. I am using a usb movie box to go through to my pc. The movie box is a pinnacle box used to down load /catpure video from the camera using a usb2 port. I capture video from the camera using the svideo output to the movie box and a usb2 cable to usb2 port on pc. I was told that a firewire was a better tool.
If I use a firewire I would need a dv box from pinnacle to use firewire as the camera has no firewire connection only usb2. With the dv box I would use svideo to the box and than a firewire out to pc. I don't like using a device between the camera & pc but the only other way is to buy a different camera. Hopefully this sutdio 9 & firewire will help. Thanks for all your help!

Trond Saetre April 24th, 2004 02:59 AM

Well, I'm sure you can use your USB2 for capture with Studio 9 also. Capture with Studio 8 and 9 is identical as far as I know.
I would at least give it a try before switching to firewire.

George Di Giulio April 24th, 2004 04:05 PM

Yes I think I will give usb2 a try before I switch to firewire. Thanks again for you help. I am going on a trip and when I get back I will up grade to ver.9.